Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 132187 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2013, 04:27:17 AM »

Funny, but I got my package about 1 weeks after I filed a complaint with the CA DOJ, in which I reference this thread.

Is it really funny?  I would venture that Lido heard from the DOJ about your order--after which he immediately expedited it.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »

The Lido man must have ran out and purchased the mount
then shipped it to avoid any DOJ problems.

He may come back and post about moving on from the past
service problems and that he added more staff.

Must be difficult to have all that inventory and staff inside
his two car garage in the gated community he lives in.

73 james
SV1JRF

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »

I found the LIDO mounts and i was very pleased that someone makes this kind of mounts. I was ready to order till i found this topic!thank God!!!this must be the worst mount company E V E R!!!

Thanks to all fellow hams for the information about this company.

73's
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »

I found the LIDO mounts and i was very pleased that someone makes this kind of mounts. I was ready to order till i found this topic!thank God!!!this must be the worst mount company E V E R!!! ...

I think you missed the mark here, JRF.  It's the company's customer service that is lacking, probably because they listen to and take care of their commercial customers on a priority basis.  If you order from a third party supplier, you may have better luck.
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »

I found the LIDO mounts and i was very pleased that someone makes this kind of mounts. I was ready to order till i found this topic!thank God!!!this must be the worst mount company E V E R!!!

Thanks to all fellow hams for the information about this company.

73's

I ordered my Lido mount from HRO and had no problem. They are great products, but make sure you order through a distributor not direct.

Guy (K2GWK)

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
G4IPZ

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »

It seems my bad experience with Lido Mounts is about standard.

I received a cup holder mount from them which, on first glance I was very impressed with - and then I used it!

I had my Baofeng UV3-R handheld clipped to it. Now this is hardly a heavy rig as most will know.
It had been on there for about 15 minutes while I was driving when I hit a fairly deep pothole.

At first I though the rig had simply jumped off but I then found that the sudden vibration caused the head of the mount to shear clean off.

I have emailed Lido several times and have never even received the courtesy of a reply.

I wasn't even asking for a replacement but simply if spare parts are available.
They plainly have no interest in their customers once the cash is in the bank.

They truly are a damned awful company and need a kick up the a**.

Slim Haines G4IPZ
N8EAU

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

I have to say I was concerned . . . I found this thread *AFTER* placing an order, and pretty much the same thing seemed to be happening.  The order was taken, I got an acknowledgement, and then a day or so later what looked like a ship notification, but no package ever was shown as being given to the shipper.  Attempts to email/call/etc. were all ignored . . . I figured I'd wait a bit, then challenge via PayPal . . . (the order was 6/23, ship notification 6/25, fwiw . . ) and then I found that on 7/9, a package was actually shipped, due today, so it looks like the order was actually shipped! 

Still no excuse for failure to return contact, and provide real shipping times, etc.  But at least not a ripoff or outright fraud!

- TIm
K2GAV

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »

Well, like everyone else here, I wish I had checked eHam.net first before ordering direct from Lido Mounts.  This is the company with the worst communications I've ever dealt with.  I ordered my mount directly from them on July 9th, got an immediate order confirmation and bill to my credit card, then radio silence and crickets for ten days despite three e-mails and two phone calls for shipping status.  Some investigation of the address from their website showed them located at the same place that the US importer/distributor/marketer of Comet antennas, Maldol antennas and Daiwa SWR meters, NCG Company in Chino, CA.  A really nice guy there, Mick, explained that they are the distribution site for Jim Newcomb's Lido Mounts Company, and that they cannot ship an order until Jim tells them to.  Mick was really responsive and very helpful, even though he couldn't do anything to get my order status.  He said this is common for Jim.  My guess is that Jim doesn't bother listening to his phone messages or reading customer's e-mail.  He and/or his assistant simply ship things when they feel like it.  My eventual shipping notice was from Stamps.com, and I guess they just use that automated system to notify customers of shipment.  They don't seem to want to be bothered to do anything else.
My order arrived about ten days after the order was placed and paid.
So, if you order direct from Lidomounts.com, plan on little communication and a wait to receive the product. For less stress, order from a reputable dealer like Ham Radio Outlet.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »

hi,

Interesting that the LIDO address used to be in a gated community

30 Shade Tree Irvine, CA 92603

Now Lido uses the address of the drop shipper.

73 james
W2RMF

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »

OK I was an idiot and placed an order with Lido Mounts - I had not seen this thread first unfortunately.

They charge your card immediately - shipping -- yeah no sense of urgency there.  It has been 15 days since I ordered, 3 emails and 3 phone calls and I have yet to talk with a person or get a response or a product.

Filed a dispute claim with my credit card company and ordered through The Mount Guys instead.

Poor customer service with Lido, bordering on fraud - buyer beware. DO NOT support this company - don't even buy their crap through distributors.

Rob
KB2IYS

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »

Yep, ordered a  LM-300-350 (seat bolt mount) on Oct 6 and of course Paypal hit right away.  Two emails asking for a planned ship date, tracking number etc and nothing.  Why didn't I check here first?  I don't think I'll make this mistake again.

Jim - KB2IYS
KB2IYS

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 08:39:59 AM »

While looking at my PayPal account a few minutes ago, I saw there was a setting I could make to not pay out of PayPal until I receive the items.  It appears that it will automatically pay after 14 days, thus giving one enough time to receive the item(s).  You do have to keep track of the time though but it's something to do to help against future misdeeds.

Jim - KB2IYS
KB2IYS

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

Received notification that my order has shipped via USPS - wonderful!  All Lidomounts had to do to avoid me pooping all over them here was to answer my first or second email where I was merely looking for an ETA.  Customer service is key.
KB2IYS

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2013, 06:56:50 AM »

OK, I'm still going to poop all over Lido Mounts.  I had received an email from Lido Mounts' shipper Lass claiming a ship date of Saturday 9/26.  Upon further inspection, if I track the package there was just an electronic notification to USPS that a label was printed and for USPS to expect the package.  OK, it's the weekend, I understand.  Every evening I looked up the tracking number and nothing, just the electronic shipping notification.  This morning there was the first real piece of tracking information.  The package was not taken to USPS until yesterday, Thursday 10/31 at 4:27PM.  I should have had the package by now; next week is when it'll be here.  I know, first world problem. 

Does anybody understand customer service anymore?  Anybody? These clowns do, but it's crappy customer service that they understand.  This mount could be the best thing since sliced-bread but not another dime from me, directly or through a distributor.

Jim - KB2IYS

N4XTS

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »

Add me to the Lido Victims list, my bad for not doing a simple Google search.

As with everyone else who has been taken by this sleaze outfit, I ordered from their website. No problem charging my credit card instantly for the $27.95, got am email the next day with an order number from this "jim@lidomounts.com" and a week later, nothing. I email asking for an update- no response yet, the 949 area code number goes to a voice mail that is also ignored.

So, as this point, looks like I'll just dispute this fraudulent charge and order from a reputable company. I knew I should have just called HRO (who ALWAYS gives me excellent service) and driven their in person. The small sales tax/gas expense would be worth not having to deal with some shady business who steals from it's customers, which this amounts to. When you take people's money and don't deliver a product in a timely manner, that is STEALING.

BUYER BEWARE, when you order from Lidomounts.com, do not expect your product anytime soon, do not expect any level of response or even basic order support. They take your money instantly and apparently ship whenever they "feel" like it.

I don't do business with thieves. If I don't get a response within 72 hours, they can expect another chargeback in their inbox (amazing their merchant account and Paypal has not been suspended for this yet).

What is really irritating is like others, this is holding up an install of my FT-7800 in my new car. Oh well, lesson learned. Do your research.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: