Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Receivers  (Read 605 times)
NIMA

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2001, 05:41:09 PM »

I was simply wondering what type of "stuff" you can monitor using TV receiving/scanning equipment and if it's worth the investment.  Thanks for any comments.
AF5II

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2001, 12:06:15 AM »

I used to monitor cell phone conversations with an old tv (the old old ones that go up to channel 89 or something) but this was over ten years ago and I dont think that will work anymore but you can try.  I have a scanner and I love it.  I listen to ten meters with it as well as the police.  It is amazing how much news you can hear before it is even news.  Its also funny to listen to your friends get pulled over for a speeding ticket or something.
NIMA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2001, 06:42:03 AM »

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood.  I actually own several different "regular scanners".  One that covers 100khz - 2.04 GHz.  My question was, those little portable TV thingies that ICOM sells as "scanners that not only receive audio, but also video", are they useful?  Are they worht the price and what kind of video broadcasts do you see?  Just ameteur?  Just standard Television channels?  Anything else?  I hear you can catch the uplink from newsvans to TV news stations, etc.
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 01:25:18 AM »

Go to www.strongsignals.net for a review.
73, Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: