Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ebay 217stufforsale rf2tecnologiies  (Read 8687 times)
HB9TRD

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:22:10 AM »

The ebay seller 217stufforsale has now changed his ID to rf2tecnologiies after having made his feedback private. His address is 710 Hidden Lane, Guilford, CT 06437; he accepts paypal payments on lover86@comcast.net

This seller has trouble with some European buyers, who didn't receive their purchases and were also unable to obtain any shipping informations from him. On my side, I paid $374 for a Drake SW-4A S/N 0800, included S&H and insurance. As the parcel didn't arrive in Switzerland after two months, I asked him for the USPS tracking and insurance informations, but I got no answer, nor refund.

For overseas buyers, who would nevertheless buy his stuff, I recommend to use air (and not surface) shipping. Parcels shipped via USPS Economy arrive sometimes after 8 weeks in Switzerland, too late to claim for paypal protection. Expect to receive a negative evaluation if you get your money back through that way...

Jean-Marc HB9TRD
DK8LS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:55:14 AM »

I also had problems with this seller. I won 2 auctions for 2 cw filters for my TS-950SDX and paid through PayPal. After several weeks i had still not received the filters and received no response to my emails until i threatened to complain to PayPal, i then received a mail telling me my package was probably tied up at customs ( this seems to be this sellers standard excuse) In the mean time i received other parcels from Canada and Hong Kong from other sellers, all within 5-7 days.
To cut a long story short, i was lucky and got my money refunded from PayPal...others have not been so lucky.I decided that i would give this seller a negative feedback to warn others to be carefull, after doing so i received several vile and abusive emails from the seller and a negative feedback saying i had received the goods and then used PayPal to rip him off.
BE WARNED!!! THIS GUY IS A RIP OFF MERCHANT.

Steve (ex dk8ls waiting for issue of new French callsign)
KD5ZPX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »

I am located here in the US and had problems getting the Bencher Paddles I paid for from this seller.  He claims to have shipped it yet would not give me any shipping information.  The item never arrived (and to this date, almost a year later still hasn't arrived!) He promised a full refund which I did not receive until after I filed a complaint with PayPal.  At that time, I did receive a full refund.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I left neutral feedback - to which he blasted me with negative feedback.  

I will never willingly purchase anything from him again.
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:01:25 AM »

I also had problems with this seller.  Fortunately the amount in my case was very, very small.  Basically he lied about the item description and it arrived in poor condition and not working.  Thankfully it was a desk mic. and it was a problem I could repair.  He doesn't answer e-mail until threatened by eBay, PayPal, etc... and then he has a million excuses.  He's one to avoid.

Caity
K7VO
DL2DBY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:35:39 AM »

What should I say....
Me too. The Omni D I paid for never arrived - 4 months and over 360 € are gone now. So I do not understand why Ebay does not close this account. Due to german laws this could be considered as "supporting criminal acts". But Ebay does not want. So the seller tries to tell you the customs story and gets over the time boundaries and is back clean again.
I do recomment to spend the money somewhere else - but not with this seller

73´s

Michael
N6DRA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 06:33:59 AM »

I bought a TS-940 from him that turned out to be a former CB rig and was blown up.  Had to rebuild the power supply, PA and repair the autotuner.  His ad did say it had problems but his "tech" had said it was the common driver transistor problem and would be inexpensive.  A friend also bought a TS-940 from him not knowing of my problem and his was even worse- he decided not to fix it as it was a real mess.

Tim
IV3HLS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24:09 AM »

I Alex from Italy , i am another victim of this real thief, i buy 2 radio Drake , only for the second item i was lucky, because Paypal refound me, but only because i discover she's thief plane of this dishonest man, before the famous 45 days.
I understand why e-bay leave this man working again!

I hope and i will ask to all Ham from USA, please can help this unlucky overseas victim, to stopped this sad history!
Alex iv3hls
K9VQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »

This seller has a Kenwood TL-922 for sale on Ebay right now. I was thinking about bidding on it but changed my mind after reading his feeback on Ebay. He has many negative feedbacks, most of the are from foriegn hams not recieving their item they won on his auctions. One of his negative feedbacks even has a link to this page on Eham warning other hams about this seller. Also, his auctions are listed private which is the badge of a crooked seller.

Anyway, I fired him an Email about his Kenwood amp he has for sale. Also asked him why he had so many negative feedbacks from foriegn hams, also asked him why he keeps his sellers private. I also told him what was on Eham about him! Well, within minutes he answered me back and as expected. I got a very nasty Email from him.

Well, I wouldn't bid on a new Icom ProIII from him if he was selling them for half price. I think everyone that has been ripped off by this clown should work together and get this guy thown off of Ebay for good!
HB9TRD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »

217stufforsale rf2tecnologiies is no longer an eBay registred user.

Last August 8, 2006, he sold on eBay a Drake SW-4A (#330013776736) for $199.99. The picture of the rear side of this radio shows exactly the same small imperfections which appeared on the SW-4A I should have received from him six months ago (#5863610732). S/N is not legible.

I guess this guy will be soon back on eBay...

Jean-Marc
HB9TRD
W4NJ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 05:01:29 PM »

Hi Jean-Marc:

Mike, rf2tecnologiies, has been trown off eBay. Pass the word!!

Cliff - W4NJ
W4NJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:02:01 PM »

After nearly 2 years of ripping off buyers on eBay, they finally pulled the plug on Michael Mclaughlin. I'm not sure if it's for not paying his eBay users fees, being caught shill bidding or for not sending items to the respective winners but lets hope he is gone for good. If you think you see him selling again, let eBay and others know. You can inform eBay by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of his new auctions SECURITY CENTER and following the drop down windows. 73, Cliff - W4NJ
DL2DBY

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »

Dear Colleagues,

our little friend Michael has a very bad history and seems to be a well known criminal subject.

Michael Mclaughlin
24 Bayberry
Branford CT 06404
Home Ph 203-481-8757
Cell 203 -996-0969

His call is KB1LMI and if you read here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48020&page=1&pp=20

You will find a lot of good news about our common friend and his girl friend.

Michael T. McLaughlin:
31 criminal counts, including 10 counts of third-degree burglary, three counts of first-degree larceny, two counts of second-degree larceny and one count each of larceny in the third-, fourth-, fifth- and sixth-degrees, Morgan said. He also faces six counts of first-degree criminal mischief, two counts of second-degree criminal mischief and one count each of third-degree criminal mischief, third-degree criminal trespass, conspiracy and possession of burglar’s tools. (Including $80,000 worth of boat electronics and equipment from Birbarie Marine Sales Inc). Using the E-Bay name 'blownmerc 1", was involved with over 50 Ebay marine equipment transactions.

His C.V. will be recommendation for a further career in criminalism.

Why the hell doesn´t Ebay do anything against this guy. I am sure he will have opened a new account on ebay.

73´s

Mike
DL2DBY

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 01:28:36 PM »

Just another thread to read:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors/browse_thread/thread/3c5d8f98a8eb650f/2781d0b9d4bcf501

Best regards from Mike
K1ACK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »

and then there is this:
found googling his call sign

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=2262&sid=fb4e765c0c9e327e4486fe296c01d60a
"I hope he is not back trying to break the law again through the internet because I'm
sure the Branford Connecticut Police would like to know this. Detective Dan Travisano worked on our case. If you suspect Michael McLaughlin, 24 Bayberry Lane, Branford CT of attempting to rip people off I suggest you contact authorities in CT. The best source of help has been Inspector Fitzgerald of the state's Attorney General's office. His phone # is 203 503-6823. His fax # is 203 789-6400. He is very much aware of Michael McLaughlin.

I can confirm that the phone # 203 996-0969 belongs to Michael McLaughlin. This is his cell phone #. When I clicked the email link it had Michael in the screenname so I believe it is him. "

Although his supposedly new Ebay ID of "MM1472DD" might make sense:
MM are his initials
7/14 is his birthday
I dont know what DD would mean
Essex, CT is only about 20 miles from Guilford/Branford
BUT:
"MM1472DD"'s feedback is REALLY good! (614 pos, 1 neg)
Essex is not typically a town losers like this would move to.
So I wouldnt trash MM1472DD's reputation too quick, as Mikey doesnt seem to have the capacity to make 614 honest transactions LOL
Overall I have made about 1000 transactions on Ebay and for the VAST most part have had good luck.  Its a shame there are losers like this out there.
W4NJ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:07 AM »

That is Michael. I recognize the PICS of his kitchen from his other four NARUD screennames as the exact same kitchen in his current auctions. I won't say how else I also know it's him for fear of giving it away to him but needless to say, there are several other telltale signs that carry over from his other NARU'D eBay accounts indicating that it is indeed Michael.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rf2tecnologiies
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=blownmerc1&ftab=AllFeedback

When MM1472DD first got started, I checked the registered name on the account and it was his a female relative. I emailed eBay and they investigated but of course, as the info from the NARU's account did not exactly match the closed ones, they had no hard evidence that it was him and took no action.
As to his new air of honesty with this new eBay account, he has no job, can't get a well paying one as a criminal background check will indicate he is a convicted Felon on probation and he realizes he needs fly straight this time out in order to pay his bills and prove to his probation officer as well as the court that he is making a living. He is on everyones radar now so be glad that he can no longer pursue his rampant rip-off pattern as before.

Cliff - W4NJ
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: