Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 241660 times)
W8AKR

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »

Has anyone had dealings with this fellow?  How did it work out?
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 06:37:44 AM »

There are myriad reports of the shipped items not matching the photos shown on eBay; of his buying equipment under the name gottahavit and then reselling as his "long time owned" personal stock; of condition not matching description, etc

Also, I simply DO NOT TRUST any seller who does not reveal the buyers.

This guy is especially suspect on Collins. Read the Collins reflector archives from 2004 and 2005. (http://mailman.listserve.com/archives/collins/) Even though he claims to be the largest Collins seller, I don't know of too many Collins collectors that would actually buy from him.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K3WVU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:37:04 AM »

I think there is at least one thread on this forum about Radio Mart.  That and his relatively low feedback rating have caused me to avoid him like the plague.

Dwight
K3WVU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:42:54 AM »

go here:

http://www.eham.net/forums/CompanyReviews/2227
K6RQR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »

As a boatanchor enthusiast I have looked at some of the items being offered on ebay by this seller. I have never bid on anything because I have often found the descriptions to be misleading. He will describe a receiver as "mint" or "like new" and you can plainly see in the photos that it is not true. Combined with the other comments on this forum I would avoid doing business with this individual. I have had many, many very satisfying transactions on ebay with hams and others who represented their equipment more honestly.
W7NWH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:42 PM »

Ok, another mixed review.  I made a purchase from this person and it was packed very poorly, broken stryofoam in a huge box, no garbage bag to protect the Collins radio. Tubes that we're loose was the result from poor packing.  It worked, but not in tune with the product description.  Everything is "best I've ever seen" and "from my personal collection".   And shipping was a real shocker.  He has very high volume for an EBAY seller, but you buy at your own risk!  
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »

I purchased a used Yaesu FT736 from Radio Mart via Ebay. The item was described in excellent condition with an extra power supply and working 1.2 ghz module. The item arrived quickly and well packed. The radio was well used and cosmetically in poor condition. The extra power supply turned out to be the bad one that was just replaced by a tech. The 1.2 module was DOA also as evidenced by a tech report that came with the radio.

I contacted Radio Mart via Ebay. Radio Mart easily refunded my money and took the radio back. I was out $100 for shipping it each way.

I gave Radio Mart poor feedback because they immediately relisted the item on Ebay with the exact same text/ad that I had bid upon. I emailed them again to alert them that the power supply and 1.2 ghz modules were bad, however the radio was sold to another anonymous bidder on Ebay.

Be wary of this seller.

Paul N6PSE
W8AKR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 03:23:59 PM »

Does anyone know if this fellow is licensed? I see he "tests" every radio he sells. I know he didn't test the one he sold me, the recv fuse was blown. The radio I bought was "collector" quality. I wish I had looked here before I bought!  I didn't send the radio back, why lose out on the shipping... I'll clean it up, paint the cabinet, replce the tired old (NOS in his ad) tubes and use it for many years. What call does he use?
VE4AMN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

I sold a radio to this fellow under the eBay name of gottahaveit.  He claimed it was damaged in shipment and a complete writeoff  and sent a picture.  I sent him a 50% refund. I then saw that he was selling the radio "with a dent" (I recognized it because he takes good pictures and I recognized some markings.).  It seems that he had removed the cover and also claimed that many of the tubes were destroyed.

I complained and gave him negative feedback.  He  replied that the radio was his to do with as he pleased (and is technically correct)and replied with negative feedback.

Accepting a partial refund based on a false information is a slight problem.  He has many fine looking radios, but I think he is a little ethically challenged.
WQ7O

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »

Today Radio Mart had a picture of a Drake 2-AC calibrator.  He described this as the much more rare 2-NB noise blanker.  I inquired about this and received no response.  The winning bid was high for a 2-AC and I wonder which item will be sent, the one described or pictured.

Also I bought a "collector quality" Drake T-4XC from Radio Mart.  It had a loose tuning shaft, stench of cigarette smoke, a dent in the cover and a CW chirp that made it unusable.  I would have been out shipping and his 15% restocking charge if returned.  I guess I learned a lesson that is worth something.

AVOID THIS GUY!!!
KB1NXL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »

I've read thru the complete thread as it stands today.  If people stop buying from this guy, he'll dry up faster than you can say fraud.  to those lucky amateurs who actually received the product as advertised, he must do this to keep the 'fraud' police off his back.  Simply do not do business with this guy. PERIOD.  as soon as he gets a 'bite' from one bidder, it proves to him that he can get away with fraudulent advertising.  has anyone wondered why ebay does not police this kind of shananagans? Money, of course.  Caveat Emptore people.  PT Barnum said it best - a sucker is born every minute.  I know i'm not dealing with this guy ever- even if he sells an ICOM 7800 like new, never opened, in perfect condition,  not a scratch on it, owned by a non-smoker, with all crystals, all original accessories and asking only $500 on Ebait ...um, Ebay.  If I have said to much, it's the cynic in me crying out.
W5IEI

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 04:06:19 AM »

You'll notice he doesn't set a reserve either.
If your bid doesn't reach his price,he will simply outbid you under one of his schill usernames.
You will see the item re-listed in a few days,claiming buyer backed out.
RIPOFF ARTIST!!!
VE3LLL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:56 AM »

Customers of Radiomart seem to either love him or hate him.  But any sensible buyer should be very concerned that well over a hundred of his eBay customers have felt seriously burned by him.  Buyers should also note that while some of his customers give him a positive or neutral rating (probably to avoid getting his reciprocal negative feedback) they make negative comments about packing and/or shipping, item not quite meeting description, etc.  So there are truly hundreds of customers who got less than expected from Radiomart.

My own Radiomart story is that I bought a Drake AC-4 power supply.  It was offered with the usual assertions of being 'like new', 'tested to work within specifications', 'my personal collection', blah, blah, blah.  It arrived floating loosely in a badly-beaten box that was about 3/4 full of assorted packing materials - various types of synthetic popcorn, wadded newspaper, some shredded fibres, and who knows what else.  It reeked - REEKED - of cigarette smoke, and I'm an ex-smoker not usually bothered by it.  The fuse carrier was smashed and the broken fuse jammed tightly inside.  After jury-rigging a repair, I found that the bias could not be set properly, and that the unit was missing the little rubber 'feet' explicitly promised in the offering.  Radiomart did send the feet after I complained, and a friend and Drake enthusiast repaired it so I could finally use my 'like new' supply.

A different friend purchased a 'collector quality', 'one owner from new', 'perfect operating', blah, blah, blah Drake TR4CW from Radiomart for a high price (it was before Radiomart's reputation for exaggeration began to circulate.)  It did look pretty on the outside, but was truly FILTHY on the inside and, again, reeked of cigarette smoke.  My friend spent many hours cleaning the radio and then used it for months on his favourite 20m band before discovering that was the ONLY band on which the radio would work!  The mutual friend who repaired my AC-4 helped determine that the radio had been gutted for parts and could not possibly have worked on the other bands when it was 'tested' by Radiomart.

There are apparently many happy Radiomart customers, but beware, beware, beware!!
N2OVY

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 05:24:09 AM »

Radio-Mart buys equipment under the eBay name gottahaveit1995. Check Martyn's feedback under that name and see what kind of buyer he is. I choose to stay clear of Radio-Mart myself.
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »

Radio Mart is a classic example that P. T. Barnum
was right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: