Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 247025 times)
KI4ZCU

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »

I was reading some ads in other on ebay. I stumbled
on many radiomart listings, listed under "other" category
in ham radio.

very strange indeed, so I looked at his feedback and
noticed a pattern of 4 or 5 id's that buy
multiple items all at the same time.

i dunno know whats going on there, could it be he
is using other id's to buy his listings if they dont
go high enough??

go check his feedback out....
TOMJOHNSONN8PQB

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2009, 01:36:22 PM »

I won a bid on EBay from Radio Mart. Then someone told me about the comments written here. So I read all this with interest, then checked the feedback on Radio Mart. How can someone have 99.7% good feedback and have all this negative stuff written here.
I called Radio Mart and spoke to Martyn, after our conversation I was satisfied and sent the payment for the radio I won the bid on. During the time frame of when I sent the payment and the arrival of the radio, Martyn was very easy to communicate with, he answered all my questions to my satisfaction, and he continued to exchange emails as needed.
The radio was shipped immediately when payment arrived; it arrived on schedule at my home. Radio was double boxed with plenty of packing in both boxes.
Examined the condition of the radio and found it to be exactly as described. The radio worked as it should and exactly as Martyn represented it to be.
Overall I found dealing with Martyn to be a very pleasant experience, he was above board and completely honest in every respect. I highly recommend him and Radio Mart to anyone looking at his items on EBay.
VR2XMT

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

Hi N8CBC,

Reading your post and it boot up my emotion again.
Good luck to those taking your recommendation, definitely I will not.

http://www.vr2xmt.com/ebayconradiomart.html

73 Charlie / VR2XMT
W8GWP

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »

WOW!  I did not read any of these posts until today (12/21/09) and I am surprised. I called Marty also and had a talk about my recent purchase (FT450).  He describes it as:

" I am pleased to offer you a Brand new in the box Yaesu FT-450."

I am having it shipped to my father for a gift.  I will post more about the purchase when he receives it.  
I hope you are all wrong (doubt you are) but for my sake, I hope so.  I love the FT450 (have one myself) and my father has already been burnt once in this hobby....  Hope I'm not the next one.......

I will say... as of today, my dealing with Radio-Mart and Marty has been good.  Just hope the radio doesn't pay the price.  I will report more are the full transaction.
Shane
W8GWP
W8GWP

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

Well everything went really, really great....  I can't see what others are seeing, Martin was outstanding and product was great.  I did need to "re-set" the microprocessor to get rid of a few errors, but I was able to overcome the problem.  The radio I purchased was an FT450 (Yaesu) and it is in NEW condition as described.  There was a little dirt (a stain) on the paper manual, but that’s not a deal breaker.  
I hope others have an experience like mine.  I will order again from Radio Mart.  Shane W8GWP
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2009, 07:21:39 PM »

hi,

another 'near mint' Nye Viking  tuner complete with
scratches and sand grain photos to prove it.

"This  tuner was initially  purchased to tune a long wire
and because it appeared never to have been used.
A perfect "10" interior and a good 9 exterior."

290386142576 on ebay.
WY3A

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

Radio-Mart was high bidder on a Heathkit HR-1680 I sold on Ebay.  I went to some trouble to fully test the radio before listing on Ebay and I gave a detailed description of its operation, noting scratchiness of the volume potentiometer at 1 o'clock...etc.  The radio was working very well when I sent it to Radio-Mart.  

After having the radio for 2 weeks Martyn demanded his money back claiming that the radio was significantly not as described, it was blowing fuses he said.  By then I had read eHam postings regarding Radio-Mart, and I didn't trust him.  

I replied that the radio was clearly listed "AS-IS" and that the "no returns" policy was clearly noted as well.  

Radio-mart replied, outside the Ebay system, as follows: "Ok here we go, I tried the nice approach first...Can’t say I didn’t try to be nice".  

Within moments I received a dispute notification from PayPal.  PayPal removed the funds from my account to hold them until the dispute could be resolved.

Moments later I received negative feedback from Radio-Mart:  BEWARE AVOID THIS SELLER, Arrived Dead Blowing Fuses, Seller Refused Refund.  That is the first negative feedback I received as a seller in nine years of casual Ebay selling.

After spending hours on the phone with both Ebay and PayPal, a few things became clear:

(a) Saying "AS-IS" and having a "NO REFUND" policy doesn't matter to Ebay or PayPal.  According to what I was told, if the buyer claims "Significantly not as Described", the buyer will virtually always win the dispute.  I could fight all I wished, Radio-mart was going to get a refund in the end, according to both Ebay and PayPal.

(b) My only option was to begin the refund process.  Once proof of the return was confirmed via UPS tracking, the funds would be released back to Martyn.

My concern, which proved legitimate, had to do with what might be returned to me!

Since we had reached resolution (a return with subsequent refund) I sent Radio-mart an official request to revise the harsh negative feedback I received.  Martyn replied as follows (via direct e-mail, outside of Ebay):

"I would reconsider revising my feedback when you also cover my cost for the return shipping."

Now the terms of the agreement with PayPal was that the buyer cover the cost of return shipping.  Radio-Mart was using the negative feedback as leverage to get the return shipping out of me.  For only $15, Radio-Mart might consider revising the feedback.  When I told Pay Pal about this...they said I should report it to Ebay.  Well more hours on the phone...

After making my way to the appropriate Ebay department, the representative said it sounded like feedback extortion to him, and asked me to send the email with the header.  Now it gets interesting...

When I scanned the header I saw this:  

Return-Path: srs0=yzaag8=iv=roadrunner.com=martynallison@dceexpress.com

That caught my attention because I control the dceexpress.com domain.  There are only 3 email addresses associated with that domain, and I can assure you that martynallison@dceexpress.com is not one of them.  I don't know what is going on with this...but it certainly appears suspicious to me.  Why was Martyn setting this return path with this domain...which has nothing to do with him?  Is this legal?  Would Ebay take this into consideration in trying to discern who is the good guy and who is the bad guy in this dispute?

Ebay's response?  They found no evidence of feedback extortion in the email.  They would not remove the  nasty feedback which was being used as leverage to extort return shipping fees from me.  I could not believe that Ebay and PayPal were standing with Radio-Mart on virtually every issue.

I called Ebay again.  How can somebody say, "Send me money and I will reconsider the negative feedback" and that NOT be against their feedback policy?  I started asking for everyone's supervisor and finally got someone to resubmit the complaint.  I resent everything.

A few days later...Ebay sent email:

"Rest assured, we thoroughly reviewed your report and took appropriate action. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, or indefinite suspension."

I don't believe there has been a suspension of any kind.  Radio-Mart still has lots of listings.  I guess a warning is what he got.  How many warnings does this guy get?

The radio did come back. The Aud/Reg board is cooked.  I'm not certain that its the same board that was in the radio when I sold it.  

It is possible that the jostling of shipment damaged something...which caused a fuse to blow...then Martyn put in an over-rated fuse which did more damage.  But I really do wonder if its the same board at all.  At the very least Radio-Mart should have NEVER put in an over-rated fuse.

I spent at least 6 highly aggravating hours on the telephone dealing with this mess.  Ebay did consent to refund my final value fees, after more calls.  To date, Ebay still refuses to remove the negative feedback from Martyn, even though they issued a warning to him about feedback extortion .  Go figure.

I sure wish I had blocked Radio-Mart as a BUYER.  I certainly have now.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »

hi,

marty the scammer !

changing the email  headers to look like you sent the email,
since he sent is outside of the ebay system.

be sure to respond to his negative feedback with a link to this thread.

73 james
KL2TC

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

I had bid on an FT-450, described as mint.  I then read the reviews here and got worried.  I went back and looked at this history and all appears as said here.  He does have a pretty good history though.  That said, when I was out-bid (and my bid was very fair), I let it go.  The used radio sold for what I can get it for new.  There is no way you can contact the buyer because all is hidden.  What is wrong with people?  I will never bid on anything that he offers again.  Everything is just too shady in appearance.

Al
K4FH

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »

I'm updating this thread.

I sold a IC-706MKII to Marty and shipped it a few days ago.  Unfortunately he had an emergency and had to go back to England.  FedEx could not deliver my package and called me.  I instructed them to hold on to the package till next week so I'll be around when they ship back to me.  

Marty paid me and I have his money but I'm not sure what his status is.  I can't really sit on his radio for months so I guess what I can do is attempt to get in touch with him and if that fails I can fully refund his money, let eBay know and then I can put the rig back up for sale.

His neighbour told the drivers what was going on but would not accept any of his packages.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »

Right, all his sales are 'private' so nobody can tell what is going on
or contact any of the winners of his auctions.

I'll look at his stuff but will never do business with him.

you figure with all the stuff he sells he would put up a good res
photo instead of the fuzzy grainy pictures he now posts.

got to watch his descriptions, once listed a ts-570DG, photo showed
all the normal items including manual.  All the way down he wrote
'sorry I  promised the manual to another buyer'

very shady.
WA3SEW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

Well, looks like I’ve become yet another victim of Martyn Allison, “Mr. Radio Mart”. Back in March 2010 I put a Kenwood TS-2000 on Ebay as part of an estate sale for a silent key, and Mr. Allison was the high bidder. He immediately used PayPal  for payment, and did not request shipping insurance (I should have made it mandatory). A few days after I shipped the Kenwood and associated extras, I received an irate email from him claiming that the radio was “severely damaged during shipping” and that he wanted a $300.00 partial refund. I refused and he immediately filed a dispute with PayPal, wanting a total refund.

Well, considering Ebay’s and PayPal’s attitude towards casual sellers, he prevailed and the radio came back. But what was ironic, it came back in the same box that I shipped it in, and the box was fine. It appeared that the radio may have been dropped, as the lower right audio/squelch control shaft was bent.

But to top it all off, he withheld a Kenwood MC-60 Desk mic that was part of the auction, I assume due to the fact that he had to pay return shipping. So if you see a Kenwood desk mic show up in his auctions, it’s mine. I filed an appeal with PayPal, and am awaiting the result of that, but I don’t hold out much hope.

Bottom line…. Stay away from this guy, he is bad news, both as a buyer and a seller. The fact that he is a power seller on Ebay, you can guess in whose favor any dispute decisions are going to go to. As for me, my days of Ebay and PayPal are over.
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »

Well, looks like I’ve become yet another victim of Martyn Allison, “Mr. Radio Mart”. Back in March 2010 I put a Kenwood TS-2000 on Ebay as part of an estate sale for a silent key, and Mr. Allison was the high bidder. He immediately used PayPal  for payment, and did not request shipping insurance (I should have made it mandatory). A few days after I shipped the Kenwood and associated extras, I received an irate email from him claiming that the radio was “severely damaged during shipping” and that he wanted a $300.00 partial refund. I refused and he immediately filed a dispute with PayPal, wanting a total refund.

Well, considering Ebay’s and PayPal’s attitude towards casual sellers, he prevailed and the radio came back. But what was ironic, it came back in the same box that I shipped it in, and the box was fine. It appeared that the radio may have been dropped, as the lower right audio/squelch control shaft was bent.

But to top it all off, he withheld a Kenwood MC-60 Desk mic that was part of the auction, I assume due to the fact that he had to pay return shipping. So if you see a Kenwood desk mic show up in his auctions, it’s mine. I filed an appeal with PayPal, and am awaiting the result of that, but I don’t hold out much hope.

Bottom line…. Stay away from this guy, he is bad news, both as a buyer and a seller. The fact that he is a power seller on Ebay, you can guess in whose favor any dispute decisions are going to go to. As for me, my days of Ebay and PayPal are over.
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »

He not only sold me a radio that was worthless, when I filed a complaint with Ebay, he blocked me from contacting him. And to make it worst, when I tried to put in negative feedback, Ebay wouldnt take it. Tried to leave negative comments and got kicked out. Said he a POWER SELLER and was occasional buyer. DONOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PERSON UNLESS YOU GO HIS DOOR AND LOOK AT IT.
WA4053SWL

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »

The paypal policy always gives the buyer reason, happened to me something like, opened, broke and stole part of a radio that sold, buyer me back half the radio and I have to refund money, explain the situation, at this point, ebay recommended contact the buyers local police department, and I did...
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: