Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 235738 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »

hi

Keep an eye out for the TS-570S Radio-Mart just purchased from
another seller s/n 80300011   it was ebay item # 110571070718
from seller kf4zri  $695.00

KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »

Im sure martyn will try to drive his bids up with his shill account...
NK6Q

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

Just saw the latest from RadioMart.  Drake L-4B amp, already bid up to $787.88.  Front looks kind of ragged to me.
KL2TC

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »

This descriptor has shown up on at least three separate FT-950 Radio Mart ads:

"I purchased 3 of these impressive transceivers, one for a friend, one for my QTH and the last one for my Holiday home, well as my racing has taken over most of my spare time, I am letting the one go that I was going to use on vacation."

I haven't kept track of serial numbers, but this one is 0F410030.

I was looking for an FT-950 and his ads kept coming up with the same description.  So how many did he purchase and how many "last ones" did he have?  This is truly deceptive.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »

yup, and with a Powerseller rating you would expect
Ebay to get him to post standard resolution photos,
unlike the 50dpi photos he uses.

73 james
KD0FAT

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2010, 07:00:44 PM »

Radio Mart burned me a couple of years ago. I bought a Yaesu FRG 7 receiver that was supposed to be in good shape. It was dead on arrival, full of corrosion from leaking batteries. Of course, his listing photos did not show the back panel with flowing corrosion stains and missing parts.  Yes, he does have a few satisfied buyers; he has many more unsatisfied customers like you and me.  Be smarter than Martyn, and find your equipment somewhere else.      73 de Al,  KD0FAT
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:44:40 PM by Allan Aho » Logged
N8FGB

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120628133042&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This poor guy got ripped my Martin. I hope he wins his case.
Rich
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »

I did not know this thread was here. He bought a Halli off me as user Gottahaveit. It was nice and I said so. It was not perfect physical condition, and I described as such. A few days after he could have received it. It was listed on Ebay as perfect under seller radiomart. Nothing looked different to me from the pics he used.

I had a late model Yaesu listed. It was bought under another name, yet I could have sworn it was listed by radiomart Ebay in a similar manner. Same boxes, and looked like same serial.

I will not bid on these private auctions. Ebay used to show the ID of all bidders. Now they just accommodate all the skulduggery that goes on. I and others have spotted fake thousands of dollars items. Reported them, and another buyer gets taken. Ebay policing isn't what it used to be. It is a shame. I guess that is big business.

I was first on Ebay about 1996, when it was small. I was using a dial up back then.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »

Radio-mart ( on Ebay) should be avoided at all costs! Radio-mart uses different accounts to SHILL BID on his own auctions. Usually on his more expensive items but sometimes on less expensive items too. As of 10-07-10 he is using the ID "ts944" (608) to shill up his sales. This is not speculation, It is a FACT. If you are a overseas buyer you are especially vulnerable! If you don't like what he sends you ( and chances are you won't ) He will say "no problem, send it back" ...You only problem is that you will be out the shipping BOTH WAYS! EVERYTHING he sells on Ebay he JUST PURCHASED ON EBAY the week before...If you doubt this just look at his "feedback as a buyer" page. He is the most dishonest seller I think I have ever come across.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »

I was just on Ebay an saw this IC-706 PA Board
and got excited....then I saw it was from RADIOMART  Cry

http://cgi.ebay.com/Icom-IC-706MKIIG-Part-B5211L-PA-RF-Deck-Perfect-Cond-/230555755876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae31a564

Check out Martyn's load of BS:

"This week I have decided to part out several transceivers,
all were working only 3 weeks ago and  so please bid on the hard to find parts with confinence."

Does one REALLY make more money "parting out" working transceivers?
Or should I say as he does....."were working only 3 weeks ago"? Grin

Only a CON ARTIST trying to cover his butt would
include "were working ONLY 3 weeks ago".
An honest person would just say "pulled from working unit".

And this gem of prose:

"I do not accept returns on any of the spare parts listed  as we have had problems in the past with bad buyers
trying to return their faulty boards back to us, this had led us to hide ID marks on some of the parts so as to avoid any issues."

Ahhh, so THAT'S the problem, all these hams were sending
their "bad boards" back to him.....You know how sneaky those hams are!
What a Con's excuse to sell dead boards with no repercussions.
If you're going to "hide marks" to avoid issues, why only
on "some" of the boards and not all?

Unbelievable...

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »

Another thing about RADIOMART'S parts listed above.

If he's selling the parts & boards "AS IS"
("I do not accept returns on any of the spare parts listed")
then WHY is he "hiding marks" on his boards?  Roll Eyes

This guy has more disclaimers on his
listings than Heinz has pickles.....
KL2TC

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »

Apparently lots of hams are impulsively buying Kenwood TS-2000 radios.  Fortunately this means that the "savings" will be passed down to us:

"I am proud to be able to offer you this like Brand New, Top End
Kenwood TS-2000 HF/VHF/UHF transceiver.
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in the box for most of the time and decided to do a PX with me for another rig.
As you can see the accessories shown are supplied. 21000595

"I am proud to be able to offer you this close to Brand New, Top End Kenwood TS-2000 HF/VHF/UHF transceiver.
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in on the shelf and decided to go the older radio route, it has seen very little use. 00500075

"I am proud to be able to offer you this Brand New, Top End
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in the box and decided to do a PX with me for another rig.
As you can see the accessories shown are supplied. 00300115"

I can see how this can happen, I almost impulsively purchased one and left it in and or on the box/shelf myself.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »

Three identical stories...and Ebay does nothing.
The guy has no shame.

I noticed in his long list of disclaimers he now offers
"High Resolution Photos Service". Just write and ask him.
OK, I did.His reply:
"I don?t have your email address and I am leaving for Europe for a week so that will not be possible,,sorry.
Nothing is removed from the board and it came from a working rig"

He doesn't have my email, so he can't send me the high res photo?
No problem, sent him that. A few hours later he says:

"I am currently stuck at the airport waiing on my flight so I cant answer your question
Sorry"

SO GUYS: He's in Europe for a week and can't help you.
Wonder if that will stretch to 2,3, or 4 weeks as an excuse
to brush off awkward customer questions?  Grin
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »

Apparently lots of hams are impulsively buying Kenwood TS-2000 radios.  Fortunately this means that the "savings" will be passed down to us:

"I am proud to be able to offer you this like Brand New, Top End
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in the box for most of the time and decided to do a PX with me for another rig.
As you can see the accessories shown are supplied. 21000595

"I am proud to be able to offer you this close to Brand New, Top End Kenwood TS-2000 HF/VHF/UHF transceiver.
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in on the shelf and decided to go the older radio route, it has seen very little use. 00500075

"I am proud to be able to offer you this Brand New, Top End
This was an impulse purchase by its original owner who left it in the box and decided to do a PX with me for another rig.
As you can see the accessories shown are supplied. 00300115"

I can see how this can happen, I almost impulsively purchased one and left it in and or on the box/shelf myself.

Yes, this is quite common.  I was digging around in the attic for a box with Christmas ornaments and came across an IC-7800 I forgot I bought. 

Under that was a pony! Smiley
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »

And Meg Whitman ran for public office in California right? Really makes you think about HER credibility doesn`t it? (she owns e-bay)
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: