Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 240496 times)
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »

The silence is deafening.

Clif
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

I did not think a reply would be forthcoming ..... I would really love to hear an explanation from radio-mart about this as he says he has never been involved in shill bidding.

Perhaps I should explain how I found this out. Around a year ago, I wanted to bid on one of radio-marts auctions for a part I needed. I put in a few bids, but was outbid by "ts944" and did not win. I started looking through radio-marts feedback and noticed that "ts944" was winning LOTS of auctions...interesting.

I then started going through all of radio-marts completed auctions and noticed that "ts944" was the SECOND HIGHEST bidder on many of radio-marts auctions, always putting in one bid anywhere from a day to just around an hour before the auction ended. Bottom line, If you wanted to win, you would have to outbid ts944.

ts944 was bidding ( and sometimes winning ) on just about everything radio-mart had for sale, from radios to telescopes to motorcycles, etc... so I started adding things up and it came out to around 40,000 dollars ( this was before ts944 "won" the motorcycle radio-mart had for auction for 4500.00 ).

What I found most interesting was that while radio-mart always leaves timely feedback for his buyers, he NEVER leaves feedback for "ts944" .....You would think that if someone purchased close to 50,0000 from you in the last year that he would deserve god feedback for each and every purchase ?

I watched this go on week after week and started reporting to ebay each and every time I saw ts944 bidding. Nothing happened. I then called ebay and spoke to someone in the "trust and safety" dept. I explained what I was seeing and was assured something would be done.

The next week, radio-mart switched most of his expensive items to "private" so no one could see who was bidding! still, "ts944" bid on a few more items, winning a Drake noise blanker from radio-mart not once but twice! ( I think it was the same one ) and a few weeks ago "won" a TMC GPR-90 receiver. The next week radio-mart had the same receiver for sale again!

Please, don't take my word for any of this, look for yourself! If you spend time researching radio-marts feedback you will see what I am talking about. Look at this last June / July and see how many radios ts944 "won" , going on to leave radio-mart glowing feedback for each and every one! ( never getting any in return! ).....The more you look the more you will see.

Bottom line, If you think you can get a deal on anything radio-mart has for auction think again. If shill bidding is involved it is no longer a true auction. Also, most of the things radio-mart sells on ebay he just purchased on ebay a week or two before ( look at his "buyers" feedback" ) and he seems to pay almost top dollar.

Notice that radio-mart almost never puts a "reserve" on his auctions. He is not in the business of losing money so if things are not going good and it's too late to end the auction, along comes ts-you know who to "save the day".........

I am still waiting for an answer from radio-mart in this public forum.

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »

The silence is deafening.

Clif
  Band conditions?
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »

The silence is real, Radio-Mart is not.

Do reply to his feedback, put a tiny url to your
webpage about the Icom disaster.

73 james
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2010, 02:51:15 AM »

Not sticking up for the guy but I can tell you for a fact I've had it happen numerous times over 21 years being self employed. You'd be surprised what people would do to you. I've marked stuff myself.

I once had a guy buy 15 brand new radios. Shipped next day air. Just in time for the weekend. He returned them saying he didn't like them on Tuesday. I get them back and they're all opened up and used. I found out they had a big festival in town and this guy was the honcho of the thing. He ripped me off new radios to use for his festival then returned them so he didn't have to pay a rental fee.

The guy might be a crook but there is some validity in this and just wanted to point this out.
Happy New Year

I was just on Ebay an saw this IC-706 PA Board
and got excited....then I saw it was from RADIOMART  Cry

http://cgi.ebay.com/Icom-IC-706MKIIG-Part-B5211L-PA-RF-Deck-Perfect-Cond-/230555755876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae31a564

Check out Martyn's load of BS:

"This week I have decided to part out several transceivers,
all were working only 3 weeks ago and  so please bid on the hard to find parts with confinence."

Does one REALLY make more money "parting out" working transceivers?
Or should I say as he does....."were working only 3 weeks ago"? Grin

Only a CON ARTIST trying to cover his butt would
include "were working ONLY 3 weeks ago".
An honest person would just say "pulled from working unit".

And this gem of prose:

"I do not accept returns on any of the spare parts listed  as we have had problems in the past with bad buyers
trying to return their faulty boards back to us, this had led us to hide ID marks on some of the parts so as to avoid any issues."

Ahhh, so THAT'S the problem, all these hams were sending
their "bad boards" back to him.....You know how sneaky those hams are!
What a Con's excuse to sell dead boards with no repercussions.
If you're going to "hide marks" to avoid issues, why only
on "some" of the boards and not all?

Unbelievable...

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2010, 08:29:19 AM »

Quote from radio-mart / 12-10 ....Shill bidding,, Yawnnnn,, I am sorry,, Just because I am very successful and getting a higher price for a product does not mean I am shill bidding, fist off that is illegal, second, immoral, I have a business to run and it is certainly not in my best interest to participate in such practice and I offer the bidding history to any winning bidder who just asks for it, simple as that.

Martyn / radio-mart, / ts944.....We are giving you your big chance to explain !
N9VO

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »

Personally I've never purchased anything from Radio Mart. After reading thru the few years I've been a ham, I was always afraid too.....Just too many stories for their not to be any truth to any of it. Never saw any rebuttal from him until on here recently. He certainly put up a good case and as he stated: threw down the gauntlet. Well I would say a couple of gents have kicked it right back into his driveway..........

Sure looks incriminating...... Smiley
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

It's not just in his driveway, this time It is on his front door, knocking.....A few months ago I emailed him ( through ebay ) and asked why ts944 was bidding on most of his auctions .....NEVER got a response from him, not a peep.

What surprises me is that ebay never caught on to this until it was pointed out to them. A few weeks ago I was on the phone with ebay and they told me they would take action but could not ( for confidentiality )  tell me what they would do. They did tell me they do not put up with shill bidding and would report it to law enforcement if they felt it was necessary. 

I feel sorry for the poor chap who bought the Icom 706 from radio-mart a few months back ( see the link a few posts up ) Can you imagine someone being so upset as to create a web page about it? You have to read it to believe it! This is typical radio-mart.

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »

NC1X
Not sticking up for the guy but I can tell you for a fact I've had it happen numerous times over 21 years being self employed. You'd be surprised what people would do to you. I've marked stuff myself.
The guy might be a crook but there is some validity in this and just wanted to point this out.

Hi Scott:
You make a good point, and I am sorry those things happened to you. Wow,
15 brand new radios returned opened. I'd be STEAMED!  I guess
I never truly thought a significant number of hams (Martyn used the words "many bad hams")
would actually buy a board, trash it, and try to get their money for it. Call me naive.

But in my follow up to that post re the pulled boards I asked:
"Why mark his sold boards AT ALL if he does not accept returned boards PERIOD?
It makes no sense.....unless:
Does he KNOW they're TRULY, AWFULLY bad (i.e. charred, burned out, vaporized traces,
and clearly NOT "pulled from a working unit three weeks ago"
) and is EXPECTING flack from the buyer?
That's the only reason I can see doing it. Then he can say "AHA! Even though I Do NOT accept returned boards,
YOU clearly burned up THIS board, cause I marked it myself!"
I know, sounds outrageous, but no more so than things he's done to other hams.
(Or should I say "allegedly" as a CYA)
If someone bought and received a "bad board" pulled from a radio "which was working
perfectly just three weeks ago", according to the terms, he has no options.
The boards are clearly sold "AS IS", so why mark them at all?  Huh

If the board buyer gets a bad one and sends a complaint email, the reply is: "You knew the terms, AS IS".

Scott, you mark your stuff because you are honest and know they are shipped in the condition described.
WA4053SWL

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »

It's not just in his driveway, this time It is on his front door, knocking.....A few months ago I emailed him ( through ebay ) and asked why ts944 was bidding on most of his auctions .....NEVER got a response from him, not a peep.

What surprises me is that ebay never caught on to this until it was pointed out to them. A few weeks ago I was on the phone with ebay and they told me they would take action but could not ( for confidentiality )  tell me what they would do. They did tell me they do not put up with shill bidding and would report it to law enforcement if they felt it was necessary.  

I feel sorry for the poor chap who bought the Icom 706 from radio-mart a few months back ( see the link a few posts up ) Can you imagine someone being so upset as to create a web page about it? You have to read it to believe it! This is typical radio-mart.

They do nothing because It is beneficial for them (ebay), when something is sold they have their benefit, percentage, regardless if the same seller to purchase.

I think they know who use more than one nickname the vendors in place.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:18:51 AM by George Rodriguez » Logged
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:34 AM »

I've been following this thread for a while, and decided to read some of the feedback left on Ebay. All Negative, and even Nuetral feedback, was replied to by RADIOMART with a distinct "nasty tone" about it. This alone tells me that he is someone who I'd rather not deal with.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

No comments, but an observation. I think Radio-Mart split the spare parts and fixer upper items to a new id,  "ilove2sell" .
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »

No it is: ILove2CELL   (not SELL)
It sure is interesting how Martyn has disappeared since the questions about "TS944" were asked. I for one would be interested in his explaination.  How about it Martyn....
John W5JON
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2011, 07:19:20 PM »

It turns out that Martyns new "sister company" Ilove2sell is his old "account "gottahaveit1995" ......Interesting.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »

1-07-11 , See ebay auction # 280582409991 ( Kenwood TS-570 ) closed auction, Guess who the SECOND HIGHEST bidder was?

You guessed it! ....ts944 ! ( shows up as t***4 (622) .....Can you imagine that?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: