Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 223727 times)
KB8TL

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55:57 AM »

I'm curious where he gets all that stuff. A lot of estate sales in Kentucky?
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2011, 07:02:21 AM »

I asked that question 2 yrs ago. I bought a TS940s from him. Same deal...his personal radio, hated to part with it. When I got it, it didnt work. Same deal...notified him and Ebay..he blocked me from emailing him and Ebay blocked me from leaving negative feedback. Said he was a power seller. Havent dealt with ebay since. But his last email to me was....send it back and I will send you another. He had 4 940s for sale at the same time. How do you aquire all that ham equipment to just turn over in the door then out the back. I guess he goes to a lot of hamfests.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2011, 09:15:01 AM »

Most of the time all you need to do is look at radio-marts feedback and you will see whatever he is selling on ebay  he just purchased on ebay the week before from someone else.

Radio-mart almost never sets a "reserve" on his auctions. This is why he uses shill bidding. Why? There is a fee to set a reserve. If he is selling a TS-570 he just paid 500.00 for the week before, he is not going to take a chance on losing money on it. So from a day to an hour before tha auction ends, along comes "ts944" to bid radio-marts "reserve" amount.....If no one outbids ts944 radio-mart keeps the radio. This is why you see radio-mart selling the same radios week after week ( example, the GPR-90 receiver from just a few weeks ago was "won" by ts944 and then sold the next week to someone else! )

An auction is not a true auction if there is shill bidding involved. Keep an eye on radio-marts feedback and the bidding histories. As I said before, now that ts944 has been "outed" as martyns shill radio-mart has switched most of his auctions to "private" so no one can see the bidders.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

I would bet good money that RadioMart scourers all the Forums silent key section and quickly calls the families. I would bet the bodies are not even 6 foot under by time he secures the gear.
KC0BIN

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2011, 06:45:10 AM »

I very nearly got chumped  Embarrassed by this clown for a Kenwood HT. (jeez, showing my Generation again!)

What I find terrifying is that his ratings under the Radio Mart name are so good. How is this possible?

Believe me, I'm NOT standing up for this slimebag- I just want to know the mechanics of how he gets good ratings, or rather how he hides bad transactions.......

TNX&73
KC0BIN

(plagiarist) quote:

"any sufficiently advanced incompetence is functionally equal to true Evil"
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »

Study radio-marts feedback and you will see his ratings are really not that good. Read all the neg's and notice it is always some one else s fault and never his own.

Notice! As of 01-27-11 "ts944" is shilling for radio-mart once again, we just can't see on what auction as he had gone "private" with most. Last week "ts944"'s bid percentage was 12% ...This week it is up to 14%

Just yesterday radio-marts auction for the Collins 851S-1 he has been trying to sell for several months now ended with ONE BID ( for 2995.00) ...It was a "private" auction but I wonder who the lone bidder was.........Huh?? Will we see it back up on ebay next week? ( under the guise of being a different one )?

Radio-marts "auctions ARE NOT true auctions because he shills them up to his "reserve" .....You will NEVER get a deal from radio-mart because he pays almost top dollar for the equipment that he buys to resell and WILL NOT lose money on it. That is why you see the SAME equipment for sale week after week over and over until someone gets suckered and buys it for more than he paid.

It will be interesting to see if "ts944" starts shilling for radio-marts "sister company" "ilove2cell" ( should be ilove2shill").....This account was his old "gottahaveit1995" account that he used for buying on ebay. it looks as if someone else was using it for a while and then radio-mart took it back over again but make no mistake, it is radio-mart!

If enough people complained to ebay they would do something, it is sad seeing this flake getting rich suckering unsuspecting hams the world over and getting away with it time after time................................................................................ 
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »

For a long time - until eBay started changing their feedback parameters - he used "feedback extortion" on buyers who wanted their money back due to the discrepancy between his description and the actual item.  He would refuse to agree to take the item back and give a refund until his victim had posted positive feedback.

If you go back a while & read some of his "positive" feedback you'll find some examples of less-than-glowing reports and less-than-happy buyers.  He would also retaliate against those who gave neutral or negative by leaving nasty, insulting feedback of his own.

eBay gets their bucks from him and only look at superficialities - "He's got xxxxx positive feedback, we make a lot off his auctions, all is good..." - so they have no real incentive to act to stop his abuses.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »

If ebay removed all of "ts944"'s phony positive feedback ( see radio-mart feedback June / July of last year) radio-marts feedback score would would drop 5% !

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »

1-27-11  See this link /   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230577524558  on ebay, ts944 (623) shill bidding on this item for radio-mart with 2 days left to go.  If enough people report this auction to ebay maybe they will do something this time!
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »

What interesting reading!  The only thing I ever bought from this guy was an accessory crystal for a Drake R4B receiver.  I paid a fair price and the crystal arrived in a few days.

If everybody thinks he is such a crook, then STOP BIDDING on his stuff.  If nobody bids, after a while he will just go away.  This ain't rocket science.

Dick  AD4U
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2011, 07:35:07 AM »

This company and its proprietor are thieves, pure and simple.

Anyone who deals with them gets what they deserve.
KC0BIN

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »

Which set of thieves?! Radio Mart or EBay?!  Tongue

(plagiarist) quote:

"any sufficiently advanced incompetence is functionally equal to true Evil"
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

I will do my part and write ebay about the shilling going on.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »

I had a dealing with him once and I can tell you exactly how he does it.

If you buy a Radio from him and it does not work, he tells you that if you make a Negative complaint against him he will do the same to you, even though he is the one that sent you the bad rig.  If you say ok, but you pay the shipping back, he tells you that it's up to you to pay it or else he will give you a bad rating.  Oh by the way he says, even if you give him a Negative he has over 12,000 scores so your one bad score will not mean anything, but if he puts a negative on your 34 people rating score yours will plummet.  He tells you all this straight out, when you say it's black mail he tells you to take it or leave it.

I very nearly got chumped  Embarrassed by this clown for a Kenwood HT. (jeez, showing my Generation again!)

What I find terrifying is that his ratings under the Radio Mart name are so good. How is this possible?

Believe me, I'm NOT standing up for this slimebag- I just want to know the mechanics of how he gets good ratings, or rather how he hides bad transactions.......

TNX&73
KC0BIN
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:52:05 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »

I do not know how long it has been since KD8MJR has been on EBay, but it has been a long time since a seller has had the ability to leave negative feedback for a buyer. A seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer. A buyer can leave negative, neutral or positive for a seller. Some moron at EBay came up with this system. I do not leave feedback as a seller or a buyer, as it is meaningless. As for RadioMart. I have never bought or sold to him and would not consider it, because of the feedback, reviews and the information about him on Google. I will also not accept bids from him. Like someone said If you do not trust a seller do not buy from them. Someone said there is a sucker born every minute, and people like RadioMart take advantage of them.

73s
K2OWK
Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: