Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 242257 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:43 PM »

hi,

Notice his own words in description

I cannot fault the rig cosmetically or electronically, there is not a mark on it and all controls are fully responsive.

Notice how the photos are blurry except for the
close ups of the front panel that will not show
the previous owner call painted on the rear top cover.

I am very pleased to have available this As New in the Box Kenwood TS-570DG transceiver along with Box, power lead and Microphone.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »

More tricks:

The manual is included, as shown in all the photos,
don't count on it!

the fine print...

I have had to let the manual go to another buyer as I owed it to him so no manual supplied.
N1GCT

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »

HERES HIS NEW INFO AS OF YESTERDAY:

one of my friends listings was bought by him and has this info:

Martyn Allison
132 Prater Drive
Georgetown KY 40324
United States
(859) 221-8015

another ham at the deerfield hamfest was telling me about this guy. its amazing how many people he screwed over and nobody did anything to him yet. should have some class action lawsuit. looks like from the 25 pages of posts he must be stopped. how does he get a hold of so much stuff to begin with?!?!?
why doesnt paypal/ebay do their magical account audit asking him for receipts where he got all this stuff?

if anyone out there has easy access to public records look up this address and see who the property owner is. maybe the address he is using is merely a "mail drop" address.

another address i have for him:

205 SALEM RD
SADIEVILLE, KY 40370
(502) 857-2494
this you can see on google maps and it looks like its either a small shack of an empty tract of land. this may not be his real name, possibly an alias.

if this guy isnt the shadiest guy selling radio stuff i dont know. how can ebay let a guy like this keep his account?

you know the best way to buy is GO TO A HAMFEST or find some means of looking at what you are buying in person. i have rarely been shafted at a hamfest.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2009, 05:32:29 PM »

hi,

Who knows how many ran into him and got
refunds ?  no way to know, that would explain
how he still keeps selling gear.

I report his his auctions, like the one
for that ts-570 I posted about.

If all of us would do the same perhaps they
will take a look at what he is doing.

ham radio is a tiny part of the world of Ebay,
they only have so many investigators to look at
the whole ebay system.

Hope anyone looking to learn about radiomart
will find these posts, the are indexed in Google.

73 james
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2009, 05:36:45 PM »

There is one thing I would like to Know....where does this guy get so much equipment to sell? I realize he deals and wheels, but you can check on Ebay at any given time and he has no less than 10 items for sale. Wonder if anyone has ever looked into his supply of merchandise and where they come from?In my deal, he offered me another radio just like the one he sent that had problems. His statement to me was he had at least 4 other TS 940sat. and would replace it, at my expense for shipping both ways. I didnt bite. Once is enough. Because I complained, I was blocked from bidding, emailing him, and Ebay blocked my negative feedback. Just right as far as I am concerned. I dont want a thing to do with either one of them.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 01:44:42 AM »

I sold Mr Martyn some used Collins gear that most were for parts I had them on eBay and he told me he wanted the whole lot. So I asked him to make a offer and he did and we agreed on the price after him looking at the pictures and the description. I shipped him the equipment now he wants most of his money back saying that the equipment was useless junk. I had said in the description that most of the equipment was for PARTS and Sold As IS. There was however a KWM-2 with the PM-2 Powersupply that worked a CC-2 case that was in good condition a 30L-1 that just needed a little cleaning and powered up with a variac that should have worked just fine. Over all he got
2 kwm-2's one as a parts radio
2 Kwm-2A's one restorable and one for parts
1 PM-2 powersupply
3 516F-2 power supplies 1 in excellent condition 2 for parts
1 30L-1 amplifier
1 312B-5 extrenal Station console
1 CC-2 Cary Case
All for $2500 plus shipping Now he wants $1500 back I dont think so.
Threatened to cancel PayPal payment and ship all equipment back. I said go a head but he would pay the shipping both ways ($1005) and Paypal fees.
Have not had any contact since. What a Jerk.
I wish I had done some reserch on this clown before I did any deal with him.
Stay Away
Roland AH6RR
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »

hi,

He not only tries to scam the buyers
but other sellers as well.  

He must snap up the stuff at estate or garage sales.

73 james
NK7G

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »

Beware of this place. I got took by them!
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »

I just tried to block  gottahaveit1995 from a current auction, and EBay replied this is not a valid ID. I already have radio-mart blocked. Is there another name he is currently buying under?

Dale W4OP
N4SF

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »

Beware of this seller!  He advertised a Drake 2C on e-bay as a radio that works well, cosmetically, mechanically and electrically perfect.  I bought the radio and found it was cosmetically poor, many mechanical problems and most improtant it did not work at all.  A total scam.  Avoid this seller.
KD6SBR

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2009, 02:01:47 PM »

I originally posted this on QRZ.COM

RE: RADIO-MART

Hi All,

I read all the post about this guy, and I like to follow the public's opinion,
and from feed back on ebay, I would'nt buy from this guy at all.

Case in point,

he was selling an Icom IC-970H, just yesterday, Wed. 6/10/09, I asked if I could try the rig before buying, and he said he would only meet in a public place, what, are we doing a drug deal?

He also stated he did not have the power cable to power it up, I told him I had one no problem. Now the radio is not even listed as of today, Thur. 6/11/09, I just wanted to see what kind of answer this FLAKE would give.

Seems if you have a legitimate place of business, you would not mind if someone comes to your store and check out equipment.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAMMER.

Just my input,

73 de KD6SBR "Tom"
KD8KOR

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2009, 03:27:15 AM »

I just won a bid from radio-mart for ic 7800 it was buy now at 8600 and i just bidded 6900 and it said reserve not met, but thats all i could afford. well 2 hrs before closeing of auction the reserve  price went away..and i won  The discription read unused .. I called him at the phone number he said it was still in christmas wrapping paper? .he traded it for a couple of collins units . well i was happy and was just about to pay on paypal when i came across these postings!!! his positive #s is 99.2 so i thought everything was ok. but after reading all these postings I am not going to buy it .Ill probley get sued from ebay or something I never reniged on anything before. It seem he has a bad pattern. I wish i would of read these before bidding..
KO4NX

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

I sincerely doubt that you will be sued by Ebay for not completing the deal. Since there is no longer a venue for negative feedback,  I doubt you really have much to worry about.

While I have never done business with radiomart, I did have a case where I was the winning bidder on a set of 3CX800A7’s from Europe. The emails I was getting from the seller lead me to believe something was not right, and I opted to not go through with the transaction.  This “gut feeling” I had proved to be valid, and I am glad to this day I never went through with the transaction.  Both Ebay and Paypal stood behind my decision, especially after I forwarded the demands of the seller.

If you were to go through with the deal (which I am not recommending), I would demand this be done through an Escrow account due to the amount of money at risk.

Rich, AJ3G
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »

hi,

I would not send that guy any money,
one non pay bid on your ebay account will not
hurt you one bit.  he can't give you a negative either
since the new feedback system ins in place.

he 'always' trades for collins gear,
that is his standard bs line.

notice how bad the photos are compared to other sellers ?

the front panels looks 'ok' but notice the rest of the item all sand grain ?  one ts-570 'mint' had previous owner call painted on the top rear but he masked it
by using low res photos.  what a joke he is.

use extreme caution !

73 james
MVERMILYE

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »

To all,

Checked the reputation of this seller after starting to bid on a Collins 651S-1. Luckily I was able to withdraw my bid. After I did so the price zoomed up to $600. I should of been leery of the private bidding and private feedback. (Also noting large numbers of good feedback entries that were identical.)

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW - Worked on the 651S-1 receivers while in the Army, thought it would be a good augmentation to my receivers....
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: