Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 216076 times)
VE7OTH

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listed as new a AOR AR-3000 scanner but who knows the "real" condition based on the comments here...

Here is the ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AOR-AR-3000A-Super-WideBand-Receiver-Brand-New-/230484696770?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a9f55ec2#ht_7025wt_864

And here are all his auctions:

http://shop.ebay.com/radio-mart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Jennifer
W1GFH

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »

A few days after I shipped the Kenwood and associated extras, I received an irate email from him claiming that the radio was “severely damaged during shipping” and that he wanted a $300.00 partial refund. I refused and he immediately filed a dispute with PayPal, wanting a total refund.

This guy worked the same scam on me in 2008. I see from reading this thread he has done it to many, many others. I believe he has a method to produce photos that make an item look "damaged". He then immediately threatens the seller with a PayPal dispute if they don't refund him 50% of the purchase price. It's a scam, plain and simple -- so avoid him at all costs.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:38:40 AM by Joe Tyburczy » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

In as few a words as possible, if you're looking at something being sold by this company---

DON'T BID OR MAKE AN OFFER!!!!

KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »

If you look at his auction description it states in red that "No Reserve price set for this item.", but the auction ended with the "reserve not met."  Take a look for yourself.  This guy has to be buying from local hamfests in addition to his EBay purchasing.  Does anyone have a picture of this guy?  If someone can find one I would like to see it.  I would never sell ANYTHING to him @ a hamfest if I knew him by sight.  He is close enough to the South East Indiana, Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati area to shop @ our local fests. 

Randy.

BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listed as new a AOR AR-3000 scanner but who knows the "real" condition based on the comments here...

Here is the ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AOR-AR-3000A-Super-WideBand-Receiver-Brand-New-/230484696770?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a9f55ec2#ht_7025wt_864

Jennifer
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »

I have been following this soap opera for about two year now, after I bid and won a mint Icom receiver from him. I managed to snipe it out from under gottahaveit1995 shill bidder and got it for about $100 less than what it was worth  Grin. It really was as described, in mint condition. I sent it to Icom repair and they checked it out and aligned it. I keep hearing horror stories, but I dont see it in his feedback. I see he currently has over 15,000 feedbacks, and only 20 bad ones in the last year and most of those were written by goofballs that cant spell or write on a 4th grade level. Where is all the detailed feedback? Im not standing up for the guy, but fair is fair...
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »

I have been following this soap opera for about two year now, after I bid and won a mint Icom receiver from him. I managed to snipe it out from under gottahaveit1995 shill bidder and got it for about $100 less than what it was worth  Grin. It really was as described, in mint condition. I sent it to Icom repair and they checked it out and aligned it. I keep hearing horror stories, but I dont see it in his feedback. I see he currently has over 15,000 feedbacks, and only 20 bad ones in the last year and most of those were written by goofballs that cant spell or write on a 4th grade level. Where is all the detailed feedback? Im not standing up for the guy, but fair is fair...

He and Radio Mart are one and the same character. gottahaveit1995 is the name he uses to buy on eBay.

The eBay Feedback system is a joke. I don't know anyone who actually believes any of the Feedback ratings, but as the expression goes: "There's a sucker born every minute".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:04:01 PM by Lon Kinley » Logged

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »

hi,

he used to have his feedback private but now it is public again.

more info on his buy sell adventures

http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=46129

73 james
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

A few days after I shipped the Kenwood and associated extras, I received an irate email from him claiming that the radio was severely damaged during shipping and that he wanted a $300.00 partial refund. I refused and he immediately filed a dispute with PayPal, wanting a total refund.

This guy worked the same scam on me in 2008. I see from reading this thread he has done it to many, many others. I believe he has a method to produce photos that make an item look "damaged". He then immediately threatens the seller with a PayPal dispute if they don't refund him 50% of the purchase price. It's a scam, plain and simple -- so avoid him at all costs.
He pull the same on me for a bunch of Collins gear, I told him go &%^@ himself and ship it back but he would pay for shipping never had any more contact with him. He does have a picture posted look on his eBay in his racing suite his other hobby.
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2010, 06:55:05 AM »

From a QRZ forum on radio-mart:

Crime involving E-Bay listings:

I found this at http://www.leadsonline.com/main/civilians/
about a crime involving E-Bay

If the potential crime involved a listing on the eBay website:

eBay works hard to keep its members safe and prevent illegal transactions on its website without compromising the privacy of its member community.

Certain member information is made available to law enforcement investigators via LeadsOnline First Responder Service for criminal investigations.

If you believe you are the victim of a crime involving a listing on eBay, simply contact your local law enforcement agency and request that they access LeadsOnline First Responder Service to work your case. Even if they don't use other LeadsOnline services, they can access First Responder Service, 24 hours a day, seven days a week in real time on an individual case basis................................

Tim KD4OVM

If everyone that had an issue with this person would file a complaint here I'd bet he would get a little quality time before a judge!

Randy
K0PD

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

KD8HM0, I'll leave the hams name out of this as he asked me not to mention him if i say any thing about Radio Mart as he is worried about him causing trouble. And i'd bet half of those who has given him a positive has done so because of being embassed and admitting they got took or their just not the type to complain. I can say this because i bought a power supply from him and he called it Mint with limited use. Well when i got it the post were rusty and there were areas of rust all over the back side and underneath it. Well i too gave him a positive as i was well took, and did not want to admit it. Thank goodness i did not give that much for it and to have returned it would have made it as much as i paid for it,just plain not worth it. Then he bought a HF base i had on E bay and two weeks almost to the day when he bought it he filed a none received item claim with Pay Pal. Fortunitely i still had my shipping info and was able to prove it was delivered and signed for by his wife. Then around a month later a guy in Tennessee bought that radio and e mailed me to ask if when i sold him the radio if the Microphone worked and i assured him it did,so there you have it my experience with one person who i feel should be banned from all Ham selling venues as he is as far as i'm concerned very dishonest. Oh i tried to leave a negative feed back to another seller and for some reason E Bay would not let me.Don't know if it was a cliche or not as i've had no reason to repeat leaving a negative.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2010, 10:13:41 AM »

Sounds to me like the FTC should investigate Ebay LOL
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »

I don't understand why with all this anecdotal evidence
(much of it surely backed up with real paperwork evidence)
hasn't garnered the attention of the authorities.
Not the toothless Flea Bay or Pay Pal "authories" protecting
him, but real Law Enforcement. Especially when it seems
most of his transactions cross state lines, making them
Federal matters. (From what I understand, I'm not a lawyer).

Being as ham radio operators come from all walks of life,
after all these years you'd think he would have eventually pissed off
"The Wrong Guy": An attorney, a prosecutor, a Law Enforcement
Official, a journalist, a District Attorney, a private investigator.
Or just a big, short-fused man named "Bubba", who hates thieves
and carries a big baseball bat in his truck.
WA3SEW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »

I don't understand why with all this anecdotal evidence
(much of it surely backed up with real paperwork evidence)
hasn't garnered the attention of the authorities.
Not the toothless Flea Bay or Pay Pal "authories" protecting
him, but real Law Enforcement. Especially when it seems
most of his transactions cross state lines, making them
Federal matters. (From what I understand, I'm not a lawyer).

Being as ham radio operators come from all walks of life,
after all these years you'd think he would have eventually pissed off
"The Wrong Guy": An attorney, a prosecutor, a Law Enforcement
Official, a journalist, a District Attorney, a private investigator.
Or just a big, short-fused man named "Bubba", who hates thieves
and carries a big baseball bat in his truck.

Have you ever walked into your local police station and attempted to initiate a complaint regarding an on line transaction that went bad, ebay or otherwise? If you ever attempt to do so, you will be in for a real treat.

In my case, as I stated in my earlier post, he withheld the Kenwood MC-60 microphone from the rest of the equipment I assume to defray his having to pay the return shipping costs. So after I open the box and realize that the mic is missing, what to do?

I did file a complaint with ebay and paypal, and the results were what I expected, basically they said "tough luck Clyde". I had to report the theft to my local police department as part of the ebay requirements to file a claim and fax them a copy of the original police complaint, which was a total waste of time. While I was at the police station I was told by the officer it's my word against his. He will simply claim that the mic was shipped with the rest of the equipment, and that I am lying. I had no witnesses present when I opened the box.

Believe me, if he were within reasonable driving distance, I would thoroughly enjoy playing the part of "Bubba" for a day.
N2CJ

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »

In examining his feedback ratings I noticed that he gets a lot of his positive feedbacks from inexpensive parts and small items. If ebay feedbacks were indexed for item price, his positive feedback percentage would probably be much lower.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »

Hi, I have been to this person's house and 'antenna farm' as he calls it. If you can describe a 40M dipole 15' above ground as such......
I have repeatedly tried to get the BBB and the KY Dept of Revenue to investigate him, without luck. He is from England and I doubt if he is a US citizen. He SHOULD be paying income tax on the amount of business he does. Several Ky Hams have contacted the local Sheriff without ANY result!! Does that tell you anything!!!!!?

BTW, the only way he will refund your $ (once you've been ripped off),is to demand you give HIM Positive Feedback!!! WOW!!
Flea Bay only tolerates him due to the amount of $ he gives them. Not only did I live near this crook, I also knew him back when he was "Multicomm 2000".

BEWARE, he has a BUNCH of shill IDs.. and bids against himself all the time.

When he says something is "**MINT** **LOOK** **NIB**, that means it has only been pulled down a dirt rod for less than a mile by a pick-up!

Been there, done that, now banned!! BFD!!

ron
N4UE
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: