The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging and an Overall Software Strategy  (Read 1944 times)
W1XWX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »

I don't follow the usual automatic logging-- instead:

I have QRZ and Eqsl open on the computer (I do not do contesting but I do WORK the contesters.)

I Log on QRZ -- then either immediately or later I log on Eqsl. Later I download the Eqsl log to my computer and upload to LOTW, Club Log, and HRDlog. Currently working on my DXCC with 81 countries on LOTW, and 75 on Eqsl. Already have WAS on LOTW 3 different ways. Yes it's not quite as fast but I can easily do this between contacts; and I always end up with a current ADIF log file on my computer.
W1XWX

Life's too short for QRP
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 06:27:29 PM »

I'm not really into awards, I assume that a few will be picked up just as time passes. But a lot of the people I talk to want confirmation for awards. So that's really why I'm logging to multiple places.

Yep, that is a good point that you and K7EXJ make.

I'm not too interested in awards but it is probably good to remember that people on the other end might be - so probably good to make it easier to confirm QSOs.  Thanks again for the info/insight.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »

I'm not too interested in awards....

Just wait until you get 46 states confirmed and I'll bet you change your mind!
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »

LOL Smiley

Ok, you are probably right, I see it coming....

Back on logging details - I saw where the MacLogger program enables the user to open a record and the software seems to automatically start the QSO with a time stamp and then when the record is closed out it adds a QSO completed time stamp.  I realize it's just two fields but that sounds like a good automated data entry feature.  Anyone happen to know if HRD's logger might do the same automated time stamp entries?  (I don't carry about contest awards but in case I did it might be good to be super efficient Smiley ).
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »

LOL Smiley

Ok, you are probably right, I see it coming....

Back on logging details - I saw where the MacLogger program enables the user to open a record and the software seems to automatically start the QSO with a time stamp and then when the record is closed out it adds a QSO completed time stamp.  I realize it's just two fields but that sounds like a good automated data entry feature.  Anyone happen to know if HRD's logger might do the same automated time stamp entries?  (I don't carry about contest awards but in case I did it might be good to be super efficient Smiley ).

Yup- HRD does it in the "add window".
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 07:53:25 PM »

Thanks for the "add window" info.

Now another feature being sought ....  clustering.

In the MacLogger program they have some beautiful cluster monitoring graphics - seems to make finding potential contacts pretty fun and easy.  Is there something comparable in HDR or that integrates with HDR?  btw, while I kind of get the concept of clusters are there any recommended articles or youtubes that provide a good overview of clusters/clustering?  Thx

Update:  might have found it -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FALY_yxn6_M
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:01:54 PM by HAMSTUDY » Logged
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »

Man, this hobby and the potential tools and techniques just keep getting better and better.....

Sort of figured out the HRD DX Cluster feature - really nice (not as beautiful as the MacLogger clustering graphics, but still good).  Definitely lots of clusters to choose from and the field chooser (like in other parts of HRD) is very flexible and handy.

So, just a very small feature request.... any way to get the frequency scale on the right hand sign that shows the selected band and lists the spotted stations to change the display so that the highest frequencies are at the top and the lowest frequencies are at the bottom?  (Just seems more intuitive to sort high to low.)  Thx
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »

kind of running commentary on how to learn HRD ...... Smiley

Any way to make the Greyline map or some other map show the location of a station when you click on the station in the DX Cluster feature?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: