The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac or PC plus help with band scope  (Read 79 times)
KE0IOU

Ignore
« on: Yesterday at 07:16:50 PM »

I need some help and guidance. I have the 857D and the 7900R/E both fine radioes no issues. I also run nothing but Mac in my house. I am doing more and more HF (love it). I would like to have band scope capabilities. I have looked at Ham Radio Deluxe and Maclogger. I am not opposed to purchasing a inexpense PC to dedicate just to my radio but does the 857D match and work well with HRD. Are other options available. What do I need to make this happen? I am still rather new at this so the more specific you can be the better. Currently I log my contacts on a home made spread sheet so an upgrade would be good. Thanks 73, KEƘIOU
N1RVN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:09:22 AM »

There are very few pieces of software for the Mac. If all you want is logging, look at MacLogger: https://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

Your options are:

1. An inexpensive Windows computer, possibly a used laptop that you can pickup for $200 from a surplus/offlease place. See if you like it, can get readjusted to the Windows OS, etc.

2. Install Windows (using BootCamp or Parallels) on your existing Mac. You will have some issues with Windows recognizing all your peripherals, but it's doable.

If you wold like to use the computer more extensively with ham radio, for example doing digital modes on HF, I would definitely recommend purchasing a separate Windows machine. You will get tired really soon trying to find work-arounds using your Mac.

The Yaesu FT-857D works great with computer software in general. You will have to be more specific in your question if you want more specific answers... what exactly would you like to accomplish? Bandscope only or full radio control and digital modes?

Best,

N1RVN
Ervin in Atlanta
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: