Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem installing SatTrack in Red Hat Linux 7.1  (Read 1090 times)
KB0LIV

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2002, 03:01:01 AM »

Okay gang-
I've got a PIII 450/128 MB dual booting Win98SE (The only way I can run the word processing package I need.  If KOffice worked, I'd go with that) and RHL7.1

I tried to unzip and install SatTrack v 3.1.5 (I think).  It chokes and complains and kicks back an error code 1.  It seems to be whining about a file called "sattrack.o" which on my machine should be located under /usr/local/SatTrack/obj/  However in looking for the file to see what the problem is, it doesn't exist!  I have no idea what to do.  I tried installing from an RPM, but that didn't give me a graphical display and was acting funny, so I chose to download the source and compile it by hand (well, using make all).  Any suggestions on what I can do?
If you need more or better information from me or files to see what I've setup or screen dumps, let me know, I can post them.

Thanks and 73
Tom DeYoung, KB0LIV
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2002, 05:49:55 PM »

You have to compile it, as the zipped files are the source code. The 'sattrak.o' file is the object file that is generated when the source is compiled. Telling you how to compile the code, and explaining all the errors that sattrack WILL generate, is way beyond the scope of this reply. I've tried many times to get this to compile, and had expert help from people on the AMSAT-BB, and I finally gave up. The makefile requires extensive editing, and all your libs must be in the correct place. It CAN be compiled and run, but I found 'Predict' to be far easier to use. 'mtrack' is also another tracking program that runs well under Linux, and pre-compiled binaries are available.
73, Jim  KQ6EA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: