Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Propagation plotting ---(TAP programs)  (Read 983 times)
KD7EVS

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2002, 12:37:34 PM »

hi.
I'm trying to plot the coverage area for a repeater. I've used several commercial versions of TAP programs but don't currently have access to them. I'm trying to use the 'Radio Mobile' software pack and I can get everything to work (loading elevation data and maps) but when I try to plot it, it gives me an error "9" VB runtime error.  

this program isn't exactly the easiest to work with so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of any other freeware software that does TAP plots.   I've got all the elevation data and maps for my area just need a program to run the plot.

thanks for any help or suggestions
Zeb
KD7EVS
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 07:45:25 AM »

No TAP programs off hand, you might go to Microsoft and search for VB dll files and install those, the program your working with may work then.
KC7GF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 10:59:32 PM »

I don't know anything about TAP but I use a program called Radiosoft for work. It's far too expensive for personal use. (over $5000 with about half of the databases.) Tell me your lat, long, output power, antenna height above ground, type of coax and antenna gain and I will send you a plot in .bmp format. The program uses the USGS land database so it knows the ground elevation and figures gain/loss for all the other parameters.  Reply to kc7gf@aol.com

Art - KC7GF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: