Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public safety needs help! Can YOU HELP?  (Read 852 times)
KG4KLV

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2002, 05:27:59 PM »

Good day,

Our public safety radio system (which is 800 MHz trunked) uses one traditional non-trunked frequency to transmit dispatch.

Radio pagers, in our case manufactured by Motorola monitor this frequency.  Read more about them here: http://www.batlabs.com/minitor.html   The pager, when it is in alarm mode, listens for a specific set of tones.  288.5 and 330.5 to be specific.

I desire to write a piece of software which will use the output of a scanner to monitor the frequency and listen for sets of tones. Unlike the pager, I would like to make the system dynamic enough to be able to monitor any ONE or more of the sets of tones our county uses.

I can handle the rest, such as, what action is performed when the tone is detected, but I need something to detect the tone and trigger an event.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Have you already run across a program that does this which you would like to share?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
KG4KLV & Volunteer Firefighter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: