Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to use TRX manager with 756pro, laptop  (Read 764 times)
KG6IHY

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2002, 10:31:16 PM »

I am a fairly new ham and barely computer literate. I have recently bought a Toshiba satellite laptop running Windows XP, TRX manager software, and an Icom 756PRO. The level converter cable supplied by the vendor is set up to work with a serial port and my laptop has only USB ports. I have tried 2 USB/serial adaptors and a Socket PCMCIA card. Nothing works. I keep getting an invalid port message from the software. I have also tried a demo version of Logic 6 and tried TRX manageer and Logic 6 on an older Sony desktop which has a serial port. Nothing works. I have had numerous conversations with the vendor who supports TRX manager, Toshiba, and the hardware vendors for the adaptors. I have been walked through numerous device manager and bios screens which say everything is working ok. Unfortunately nothing works and I'm stuck. I need, at least, suggestions and preferably help dealing with the vendor.

Mike HOffman kg6ihy mikeahoffman@yahoo.com
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 03:08:58 PM »

Mike, did you ever get this resolved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: