Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec Omni V rig control  (Read 1700 times)
KB1IEM

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2002, 01:05:20 AM »

I've got a ten tec omni v with a RS-232 port on it. In the manual it tells me that I can have software control the rig and gives a table of the ASCII codes to use for controlling the rig. so far I haven't managed to get any software packages out there to control the rig at all. I have tried MixW 2.04, TRX-Manager, Logic 5, BeaconSee to name a few with no luck so far. Could somebody who has had success please help me in getting this setup or point me to the correct software for the rig?

Thanks
-Robert  KB1IEM
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 08:25:50 PM »

You could try a post on a couple of Ten Tec email reflectors:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TenTec/
http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/tentec
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2002, 08:30:56 PM »

Put the terms Ten-Tec Omni V rig control  into the Google search engine, many results: http://www.google.com/
DL7IO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 04:21:23 AM »

send the ASCII-code table to DL7UCX@qsl.net and Ben will include the rig into his UCXLog-program.
Holger
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 03:12:27 PM »

I believe that TenTec radios use the Icom command set. Commander, a free transceiver control application I've developed, has several successful TenTec users. Please give it a try - just set the Radio selector to "TenTec". If this doesn't work, please let me know and we'll go from there.

Dave, AA6YQ
WQ8Q

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 05:17:48 AM »

Okay, here's the deal. The TT Omni V doesn't use the Icom control (the OMNI V.9 Variation does, and the Omni VI's do, but that's another story) but the big thing about the TT OMNI V is that it isn't a straight through interface.  Lines 2 and 3 have to be reversed (or use a null modem cable) but the best thing is to wire a special cable up with only three lines (ground, TxD out, RxD in) and make sure they switch at the other connector, and it should work fine.  The problem is getting a program that will operate with the Omni V's hardware.  Writelog does, and I think a couple of others; most do not.  The fix for THAT is to do the OMNI V.9 modification (which runs about $20 for the chips and the programming) and that'll let you use software and let you choose the Icom 761 command set. It also gives you direct frequency entry and better memories.  The V.9 mod is NOT done by Ten Tec.  More info can be found by searching google or I can tell you where to go for info.  I've done two in the last few months.
Good luck, Rick, WQ8Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: