Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CodePlug Motorola GM300  (Read 4301 times)
DISC081

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2002, 03:36:57 PM »

I can`t program my motorola GM300 because , when I  click  F2 for read radio , I have message "Error code plug data" ABORT F10  I have not code plug for my station. Please help me if you know how can I repair them?  
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 07:58:53 PM »

You have to read the code plug, save the information, modify it, and then store it back to the radio. At least this is the way it worked last time I programmed a GM300.
Jim
DISC081

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 07:34:18 AM »

Codeplug of my GM300 is damaged, and I can`t read them.
I have codeplug of another GM300 station, but when I try to program radio, it does not work, it say: ERROR 59, serial number is different.
How can I program codeplug from another radio to my GM300, or, how I can change serial number of my GM300
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 03:49:23 PM »

I *THINK* the software has a "Clone" mode where you can program any number of radios from a stored codeplug, regardless of what serial numbers they have. I don't remember if you have to save the codeplug differently, or if you can use any codeplug you already have stored. It's been several years since I did this for a former employer, so I'm a little rusty!
Jim
W7DJM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 05:58:20 PM »

My advice would be to go to a "real" Motorola shop, and see if they can read the radio.

I've progammed VERY FEW Motorola radios, but I do know (and my ex boss did one) that things can go wrong.  If you use the wrong version of software, you can end up with a radio that is a "boatanchor."  I believe that Mommy Motorola can fix this, but I'm sure it is expensive.  

If you are using pirated software, and an aftermarket cable, beware.  How much is your radio worth?
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 08:28:25 PM »

We never had *ANY trouble using aftermarket RIB's. Cracked software is another matter entirely.
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: