Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: radio control across a LAN  (Read 741 times)
KB3GZA

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2002, 09:01:28 AM »

I'm relatively new to ham radios. I currently do not have a base station in my house, although I have been trying to figure out where to put one (strictly 2m right now). The logical place for actual wiring would be the basement near my server. But I spend as much time in my office as the basement and thought it would be nice if I could control the radio (listen, talk, and seeing the frequency settings) from one of the computers on my internal network. Has anybody considered or done this?
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 03:38:46 PM »

Might look at Remote Administrator: http://www.radmin.com/
Do not use it myself but seen posts on a digital group about the program.
K0RGR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 04:13:03 PM »

I had an ICOM 706 transceiver some time ago, which I was able to PC control using some software I downloaded from a website listed here in 'Links' section of eham. Along with that software, was another module called 'COMRED' which would redirect the comm ports used to control the radio to a remote LAN orInernet attached PC. There was no audio or T/R controls available, but I had considered trying to use something like netmeeting to conference my two computers.  Sadly, I no longer have the radio in question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: