Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM P7A HT  (Read 425 times)
N2OAM

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2006, 05:42:51 PM »

Anyone have firsthand experience with this new HT?
Been out for two months now, & not a single review anywhere online......very strange. Always interested in a small HT with wideband receive. A N Y O N E ??

73 de n2oam
W2KRP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »

I had this HT for a bout 24 hrs. then sold it on eBay. There were several things that I did not like:

1. Only could charge from the rapid charger. Even if you buy the car charger you still need to take the rapid charger with you!?!

2. Every aftermarket antenna I tried did not fit the SMA connnector. There was always about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between antenna and radio.

3. Buttons that did light were a lime green with white writing. When backlit, you could not read the buttons.

4. If you tuned to a freq. and set it to "tone", once leaving that freq. Tone mode was off again. There is no dedicated setting for TONE.

5. Any menu settings are a two handed operation.

Thanks but no thanks ICOM, I'll keep my VX-2R........

Mark / W2KRP
N5EAT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 02:10:54 PM »

Actually, there is a dedicated setting for tone - you needed to continue reading.  You must rotate the dial after selecting the tone freq to a menu option to use the tone you've selected.

The radio will receive for days on 1 battery charge.  It's receive audio is quite good.  I hated the little radio until I got used to the function key sequences used to set the rig up.  

All in all, I'm very pleased with the little radio.
HYZZY4

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:20 AM »

I want to buy this HT, but have some questions, tell me please:
1. Can I use FM(narrow) modulation to receive below 30 mhz? In the manual it is written that modulation(operating mode) stored independently in each band, but FM sensitivity written from 30 mhz.
2. This HT use double conversion receiver, which usually have problem with intermods etc. For example, icom t90a have this problem, so how receive this HT?
Interesting all band(sw,lowband,air,vhf,uhf), is the icom r5 much better?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: