The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions on FT-8800 Microphone  (Read 2838 times)
9K2AI

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »

I want to know how can I hold the PTT ( in one press ) well I'm talking in the FT-8800 like the others mic's ?

73's,Ahmad
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:18:46 AM »

Huh?

Do you mean you press the PTT button and then release it and the radio stays keyed until you press and release again?

I've never seen any mobile mike, amateur or commercial, do that.

If this isn't what you mean, please give a clearer explanation of what you are trying to accomplish.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »

I haven't seen any hand held mikes that do that. Some of the desks mikes, like the Icom SM-8, have a way to lock the PTT switch down. Some transceivers have a "transmit" button that allows you to lock it in transmit.

One way to add that feature is to build a PTT switch into small box that would be connected between the radio and the mike. Even easier, if the radio has a PTT connection on a rear accessory connector, just remote that connection out to a PTT switch on an external box.

Bob  AA4PB
Garrisonville, VA
VK2XDZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:01:37 PM »

The ft 8800 does not have that option.
My Icom ic v8000 does. This feature can be changed via the menu setup.
Once changed from the default option,you can-
Push then release the ptt once to transmit.
Push then release the ptt again,and the radio changes to recieve.
Pete vk2xdz
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »

Sounds like you could build that feature in, place the circuit between the mic and the radio using a simple two stage multivibrator circuit controlling a relay to do the actual PTT switching.  

CMOS digital chip is simple and should prove effective.  Don't neglect use of RF bypass caps in your design, start by decoupling Vcc right at the chip with .1 cap, also a very good idea to place a few microfarads electrolytic on the power line to it.  

N3PAQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »

I concur, I have an FT-8800R and it doesn't seem to have that feature, like the other poster I have an Icom IC-V8000 which does.  Talk about confusing when it gets turned on by accident.

Joe
NE3R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: