About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.F.  (Read 899 times)
G4REK

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2002, 06:39:16 AM »

I wonder if anyone has managed to do any harm to p.c. eq. by using high power r.f. close to the p.c. I have a dedicated loop aerial within 5 feet of my newly repositioned p.c. but have been reluctant to power it up even with all the ferrite rings that I have installed on the leads. I have the main aerial a doublet but the loop is connected to the large and very powerful marine tranceiver, ie low power is 100 watts, high power 250 watts. P.C can be such a pain in the .... at the best of times so I am being very careful....

Jim  g4rek              
G4REK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 03:57:58 PM »

WELL THAT WAS A INTERESTING SUBJECT TO BRING UP, SO MANY REPLIES I'VE JUST NO TIME TO READ THEM ALL
G4REK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 03:59:35 PM »

HELLO IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 02:19:09 AM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah  yes some is here..and I use up to a kw with in 3 feet of my  computers.. no problem  at leas that is how my rig works...good luck, and bye the way... there is no way to force folks to respond.. but if the comment is interesting and common to most hams then you get more responce,  sarcasm don't do much.. 73  tom N6AJR
G4REK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 04:44:04 AM »

Well Tom it got you to reply, I'm sure there are enough broad shoulders out there to take it,compared to some of the banal postings I would have thought it was quite an interesting subject as most hams seem to have a p.c. in or near the shack. It was the near proximity of the aerial to the p.c. that I was most interested in, anyway not to worry.

best wishes Jim G4REK............  
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 12:59:20 PM »

Well, I've got a random wire running off the back of my tuner and it's only a few feet from my PC.  On some bands, I get audio through my PC speakers so I just turn them off.  Occasionally my PC itself will act strange if there is too much mike gain or if the signal is otherwise overmodulated.  It doesn't do any harm to the computer.  None of my other antennas cause problems other than sometimes coming through the speakers.
KG4TIK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 01:07:43 PM »

I run a laptop beside my TS-2000 and my antennas are very close, including a 40 meter about 5 feet away.  I sometimes get interference from the RF on the computer and it has actually changed the programming of my PSK software (MixW), but seems only to affect a program that is active, not the inactive ones, so I am guessing that the RFI is acting on the keyboard rather than messing with the hard drive or anything else.  I have this problem starting about 50 watts, depending on the band.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: