Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ilink, IRLP  (Read 989 times)
KB9VSQ

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2002, 01:19:43 PM »

I am curious about these and any other internet radio linking systems.
I may regret asking this, but, any opinions on the merits, advantages, disadvantages of these?
I am out of range of any IRLP linked systems but have been using iLink from my computer here and find it to be a nice addition to my communication needs.
KC0GOA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2002, 01:09:52 AM »

iLINK only requires a computer and internet connection along with the free user software that can be down loaded at aacnet.net.

I use it quite a bit because of antenna issues in my apartment.

Lots of fun. Should be expierenced to find out for yourself.

73 de Craig.........KCØGOA
N2WTD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 11:43:31 PM »

Hi,

Glad to hear you like ILINK, can't get it to work on my system ... help files seem skimpy, maybe I'm just stupid.  

I can get as far as seeing the listing of stations connected at any given time ... then nothing.  Don't seem to receive or be able to transmit.  Am runing Win ME on a DSL conection.  Is there a script file that needs editing or anything.  Any help or suggestions appreciated.

73's ...
Mark
N2WTD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2002, 11:44:09 PM »

Hi,

Glad to hear you like ILINK, can't get it to work on my system ... help files seem skimpy, maybe I'm just stupid.  

I can get as far as seeing the listing of stations connected at any given time ... then nothing.  Don't seem to receive or be able to transmit.  Am runing Win ME on a DSL conection.  Is there a script file that needs editing or anything.  Any help or suggestions appreciated.

73's ...
Mark
N2WEC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

I'm glad for those who enjoy I-Link. However it is not "radio". Yes it is handy and lets you talk all over the world but it is not "radio". It is like talking in an internet chat room. It is not for me but if you enjoy that sort of thing, have a great time. I hope to catch you on the "airwaves" sometime.
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 12:55:37 AM »

iLINK has been "upgraded" to Echolink. The software is free and works on any PC with Windows. You will find quite a number of hams there. The greatest feature about Echolink (and iLINK) is that it allows hams that are CC&R bound to converse with other hams in a similar state or not. Although many hams frown on it because "it is not radio"; who cares? It allows the same type of communications without interference or fading. It links you you to the world and requires no antennas. It DOES require a ham radio license. Download the software, register, plug in the earphones and mike, and have fun. Who cares what the others think about it?
Frank
KL7IPV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: