Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT920 CAT Programming  (Read 1721 times)
ON7VZ

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2003, 02:59:09 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for reading this message

I work actually on a homebrew software for monitoring 50MHz beacons via a FT-920 (Maybe this kind of software already exists but I am quite curious...)

For the moment, I have successfully solved the problem of polling data from the transceiver for frequencies of the VFOs, modes, bands, and s.o. BUT....

The FT 920 is interrogated by a routine in VB that sends a 5-bytes command (4 bytes parameters and 1 byte opcode) and switch the mscom for rx, with a variable saying how many bytes are supposed to be received from the transceiver.

So, As I said, I receive everything I want with the H10 opcode.

I have tried also to do this with the same routine for the opcodes HFA (8 status bytes are supposed to be sent by the FT-920) and HF7 (5 bytes smeter data, depending of the value of the parameter P1).

I see that the computer is sending the command when I launch the routine but after that... Nothing.... and I use the same routine that works fine with the opcode H10.  Surprising !!!

Have you already experienced this kind of problem if you have developped your own cat program ?
Is this an error of opcodes in the manual Huh? (By the way, it seems there is no indication in the manual that a code to open the cat port must be send to the transceiver... opcode H00 to open the port and H80 to close it)

Thank you in advance for all the answers.

Best 73's
Daniel
ON7VZ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 03:08:20 AM »

Commander supports the FT-920 -- its available via www.qsl.net/dxlab . It is written in VB and uses the MSComm control.

I do not find it necessary to enable the CAT system.

I use both the H10 and HF7 opcodes without difficulty.

Dave, AA6YQ
ON7VZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 04:55:45 AM »

Hi Dave,

thank you for your answer. I will check DXLAB

What is surprising is the fact that the same routine - which is successful for the opcode H10 - is not successful for the code HF7....  

If I send you the part of my code, could you see what's wrong ?

Best 73's
Daniel
ON7VZ

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 01:38:16 PM »

Sure, Daniel. Send it to DHB@attbi.com .

Dave, AA6YQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: