Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: won't download from internet  (Read 631 times)
W4TZG

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2003, 07:57:14 PM »

my compaq computer 7478 model..it hada virus that wiped it clean, after getting the virus out I can connect to internet but can't download anything from web sites..what have I missed checking ?  W4TZG
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 07:47:35 PM »

Might check with your ISP, there may be some special settings for Internet use that need to be reactivated.
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 02:32:01 PM »

Since there haven't been any other takers...

What operating system are you using?  What browser?  (With a bit more information, we might be able to help.)

When you say the virus "wiped it clean." what exactly do you mean?  Did you have to re-install ALL the software?  It sounds like the virus corrupted part of the browser, or maybe the virus really isn't removed.
    If worst comes to worst, BACK UP all your data files (WORD files, spread sheets, Address book and bookmarks (or Favorites.)  Then use the self destruct disk (Recovery Disk) that came with your Compaq.  It will wipe the disk clean, and restore the factory default software.  THEN you have to download the critical updates for any software you are using.  It's a pain, but there may be no other way.  (And get Antivirus software!  But you will have to get the computer back to normal before you can download the updates!)
WA4PTZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 06:11:54 AM »

Not much info to work with ....
You may have set the privacy/security features in your
browser and accidentally set "downloads" to NO.
Check and see. Else, we need a lot more info.
73 - Tim
N8ZUX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 08:03:31 PM »

Can you afford $9.00 ? I just searched Google and found Norton Anti-Virus at this site..

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SYMS-SF

Place is software outlet If I were you buy it there I am Using Mc Affee but I also use a firewall You can download Zone Alarm free version but I would check this Softwrae outlet looks pertty affordable !

and If you was doing Macintosh you people get to pay thru the nose $19.95 heh heh heh !

anyway good luck !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: