Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schematic for PC cable for Kenwood TH-F6A?  (Read 1059 times)
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2002, 09:01:19 AM »

I've been looking around but cannot find any schematics for the PC cable for the Kenwood TH-F6A portable.  Anyone have one or know where I can find it?  Thanks.
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 07:03:14 PM »

After much more searching I finally found a site that had info about the PG4P for the Kenwood TH-F6A: http://www.geocities.com/azkoza/projects/pg4p/g71cable.html

Hope this helps my fellow TH-F6A users.
73s
K8LEA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 02:24:53 AM »

I don't know if anybody's monitoring this topic anymore, but it seems to me that at about $40, the chances of blowing up something I like and the time involved in making the cable seems to outweigh spending the money.

'Course, if you're someplace where you can't buy the cable, or there are issues that make it rather more expensive, or just like the challenge....

A good friend of mine, K8BAA, got his hands on a Heathkit "Sixer" back in the 60's and decided that he liked it, but not the super-regen receiver.  So he homebrewed his own with a superhet receiver.  Eventually it turned into a club project and we built a bunch of them.  Way too much time on his hands....

I've gotten to the point that if I can't buy it, then I'll think about building it - ever try to solder to those 2.5mm plugs?

BUT, why on earth did the Kenwood folks use a 25-pin connector body?  I have the feeling that the original  was designed on one of those RS-232 "jumper" things that fit into a connector shell, sort of....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: