Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drake R8B Comm Port  (Read 445 times)
KA6JLS

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2002, 06:50:31 PM »

I run my Drake R8B via PC using Smart R8 Control by Fineware.   Was working just great but suddenly I can only send commands to the Drake, which reacts to them, but no info is rcvd by PC (display panel on PC does not populate with frequency tuned, antenna strength, etc.)  Reset master switch on Drake receiver, switched serial cable, and tried another PC with same software, but no change.  Could the serial port on the Drake be hung? Or is it possible the serial port on the R8 has failed on the xmit link only?
DJACI_SWL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 11:02:25 PM »

yes, in agreement with the service manual, the computer interface uses a integrated circuit called MAX232 (U24). He can just present defect in a sense.  
Change it, anything else doesn't exist besides him, that you can impede of receiving the information comings of CPU, if the cable is good, and the serial port of its personal computer also.  
Did it already change in its computer of serial port and did it obtain the same answer?  
Then the defect is in the IC U24.

From Brazil,

Djaci Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: