Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: using PC as keyer for CW  (Read 864 times)
KF0W

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2003, 09:21:20 AM »

Hi to Group.  I just completed my general license requirements last week (6/14) and am setting up my station.  Have a Yaesu ft-840at and a PC sitting right next to it. I have seen some ads for Logikey K-3 and other keyers, which look kinda handy for CW work.  Does anyone know if there is a way to use my computer to do the same thing that the Logikey does?  That is, to remember a string of code that I key into the program, and then play it back on demand, like if I wanted to just select a file that will play cq cq cq and my call sign in code through the radio?  Seems like there must be some program out there that will do that.
Sidney
KC0OSB/ag
patin@OurPeak.com
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 06:36:39 PM »

There are all kinds of programs that do that.  Some are shareware, others freeware, and more elaborate programs that you can buy.

Just do a web search and you should find plenty.
VK2ACM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 04:41:16 PM »

Hi Sidney,
I Use Procw So I Can Send CW With My Computer DB9 Serial Port,Using A Homebrew Interface It Works Great,Let Me Know If You Would Like A Copy...73  clint
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »

Sidney,
I use the N1MM Free Contest Logger www.pages.cthome.net/n1mm. It has a general QSO mode that will do what you want, and will log your QSOs. You will need to build a simple interface between your COM port and your rig. Directions are in the manual.

Another approach that does not require a computer is to use the K2 or K3 keyer which has several memories, and keys the rig with no external interfaces required. See www.idiumpress.com. This is a very popular memory keyer.

Congratulations on getting your General ticket!!!

73, Jim W4YA
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 08:08:50 PM »

There are two DOS-Programs by DK5LI (called CWK) and DF4KV (called KV) which act like an Electronic Keyer. While CWK looks better than KV, the latter is somewhat better customizable.

CWK can be found at http://www.tastfunk.de/
KV is available at http://www.qsl.net/df4kv/

I use both but tend to prefer KV.

73, Fabian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: