Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stray RF feedback at headphone jack, icom 7200 ...  (Read 1043 times)
BPONG

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »

a few weeks ago i had expressed problems with hearing my voice over my headset while transmitting on my IC-7200.  i had posted here at eham, and i had contacted icom america, icom canada, and the store where i purchased my radio.

one ham replied to my eham posting and i am very grateful for their reply.

a few days ago, i had received a most helpful email from the icom canada service department.

apparently, there is a batch of IC-7200s that have a minor problem with RF feedback at the headphone jack.  i checked the web and there were some similar statements and comments about the same.  icom canada requested my serial number, and replied that my set is indeed one in that series of problematic products (i had purchased the transceiver new, june 2009). so, i am sending my transceiver to the icom canada, service department in delta, b.c. where they will correct the problem for free and ship it back to me.
it is pleasantly surprising to see a company as big as icom, contact me and tell me that there is a potential problem with my transceiver, and correct it for free.
i am proud of my purchase of the icom 7200, its a great radio.

BUT, after this kind of service, i am quite confident in saying that icom also has a great service department backing up their products as well !!!

kudos to icom canada and their excellent service department !!!

bp, va3bpo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: