Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Palm Users?  (Read 634 times)
KB6NU

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2003, 11:49:36 PM »

Any Palm users out there?

I've been thinking about writing a small Palm application that would do some simple calculations, such as dipole length and Ohm's Law, as well as contain a database of other handy stuff, such as a list of Q-signals and the permitted frequencies for each license class. This would be freeware, of course.

Would you use such a program? Are there any other features/functions/info that you think I should include?

73!  Dan KB6NU
N9VKC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 06:11:09 PM »

I can't live without my PDA lol.

Some sort of Sat tracker would be nice.
I take my PDA everywhere and a quick easy logbook with UTC time stamps would be handy in traffic.  I like the Q signals.  There has got to be something Ham related that could be done with the IR   I wish rigs had a IR port now that could be fun.

good luck and keep us posted

Chris
KC2ELS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 11:19:02 PM »

Here are the ham-related apps I've got on my palm:

GOLog (http://home.earthlink.net/~golog/) is designed for contest logging.  I used it for the California QSO Party and it worked well.  The Windows sync conduit translates the logs into Cabrillo format suitable for emailing.  I wish there was a Unix conduit.  Ah well.

PocketBeacon (http://www.searat.com/pocketbeacon) displays time in UTC and the NCDXF/IARU beacons.  If you enter your latitude and longitude, it gives the range and bearing from your location to each of the beacons.

PocketSat+ (http://www.bigfattail.com/software/pocketsatplus/) is the best darned satellite program out there.  Really.  It's totally flexible and is fully functional even if you don't pay the reasonable $25 registration fee.

QSO-73 (google for it!) is another logging application I'm looking at.  It includes explanations and examples of standard Q-symbols (QRM, QRN, etc), a Morse code table, and the ability to store a list of frequencies with information about them as well as logging contacts.

Hope this helps!
KC2MLF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 03:55:47 PM »

Sure, I would! There was something on ARRL about palm software recently...
But yeah, I'd use it!
N9VO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 09:08:49 PM »

Before my old palm died, I had a cw program where it would give the sounds and you could write the letter. Was great for practice. Palm died and can't find program any more. Was fun.
N2WEC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 07:47:14 PM »

Sounds like a great idea to us (N2WEC / KC2HWA). The YL thinks the morse table is a good idea; I think the antenna calculator is very good. If this type of program came available we would use it. In my shack the YL is the computer guru, I go to her with all my computer questions (self inflicted problems)! We both have PDAs and find them very handy.
Bill - N2WEC
Patti - KC2HWA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: