Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TH-D7 (AG) PC Cable  (Read 474 times)
KD5WUV

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:51:24 AM »

Does anyone know the pinouts to make a data cable for the Kenwood TH-D7 (AG) HT?

Thanks, Daniel.
KC2MMI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 01:06:08 AM »

The diagram is in the manual, posted on the Kenwood web site. Ground to pin5 on the DB9F, the other two wires to pins 2 & 3.

Since the GPS cable and the computer cable are the same, except for reversing pins 2/3 and using a DB9F /vs/ DB9M, I just added 4" of 3-conductor wire to the GPS cable I had made up. Ran from the DB9M to a new DB9F, reversed the wires to pins 2/3, and now I've got one cable that can be used for either job. Or, to connect a GPS talking to the computer and radio at the same time.

The radio still needs the cable to be moved to the correct plug EITHER to be programmed from the computer, or to work with the GPS. The one cable can only be connected to all three at once if you are using the GPS as a "talker" for the radio and computer at the same time, this isn't a universal all-in-one solution, just a way to carry one less wire for most uses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: