Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna mount for Jeep Cherokee  (Read 2456 times)
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:35 AM »

You won't need the SWR bridge. If you set the antenna like the instructions say, the SWR will be spot on.

You don't need the SWR bridge afterwards,, as it won't tell you anything you can't get from the radio itself. One things for sure, it's just another piece of hardware to find room for.

I run an amp in HF, and I don't use one. If the SWR gets too high, the amp just kicks off, and the on light goes out. I just push the Tune button, and presto, the controller does the tuning. I don't even have to take my eyes off the road.

KC0FTC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 07:05:33 AM »

Suppose I probably shouldn't have ordered the SWR meter but oh well.  I'll check the SWR with it but won't leave it hooked up.

I'm excited to see the performance of this Larsen antenna.
KC9CFM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

I know what you said, but really - Drill a hole in your roof.  I drilled a hole in my Jeep Cherokee several years ago and installed a NMO mount.  Works great and I tell you, the first time is the hardest - then it gets easier.  It was much easier when I drilled my second hole, into a Hyundai Accent.  Another NMO mount, works great!

I got a "rain cap" for it - when I sell it someday, I will just plop the rain cap on and be done with it.

Jamie
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: