Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hell Freezes Over  (Read 713 times)
K5END

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

Is is snowing hard here in Houston.

Very unusual.

Imagine the traffic today: 4 million people, and 3,999,000 of them don't know how to drive on snow or ice--on a FRIDAY.

Traffic will be hell. Therefore, it is snowing in hell.
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

> K5END wrote: It is snowing hard here in Houston. <

I hear it is the earliest Houston snow on record. Just starting here in Tyler, TX. Man-made global warming has some strange side effects, eh?

Anyone interested in the global warming hoax should take a look at the following web pages:

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MWP.jpg

http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es2105/es2105page03.cfm

It was warmer 1150, 4000, 10,000, and 134,000 years ago than it is now. How did homo sapiens cause those warming peaks?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

73, Cecil, www.w5dxp.com
The purpose of an antenna tuner is to increase the current through the radiation resistance at the antenna to the maximum available magnitude resulting in a radiated power of I2(RRAD) from the antenna.
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »

It was warmer 1150, 4000, 10,000, and 134,000 years ago than it is now. How did homo sapiens cause those warming peaks?

Well, I think it had to be all those tribal fires. Or maybe some bad chemical in the cave painting pigments.

If only man had not discovered fire.

Think how much better off the world biota would be (as we would be extinct.)
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »

Actually , this is just a precursor . People from this part of the country know that Hell will freeze over on February 7 , 2010 . This based on observations which began in the late Summer of 1967 .    ;-)
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »

AL "IDIOT" GORE says that GLOBAL WARMING causes RECORD COLD as well.What a BOZO!

CLAYTON
W4KVW
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »

Stop calling it by it's old name "Global Warming" and use the never term "Anthropomorphic Climate Change."

You can then dispense with the warming or cooling bent and just refer to it as change.

Is it man caused? It does not matter. If it is man caused the solution is to transition to alternative energy sources (non-fossil fuel).

Fossil fuel is running out with shortages in the near term (few decades. The solution is to transition to alternatave energy sources.

You see, in both cases the 'solution' is to switch to alternative energy sources. Therefore althropomorphic climate change is a red herring - a distraction from the real work to be done.

In the mean time carbon credits and such will work nicely to transfer wealth from many productive people to a few non-productive people.
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

>by WX7G on December 5, 2009

>Fossil fuel is running out with shortages in the near term (few decades. The solution is to transition to alternatave energy sources.

You know, that was a load back in the '70s and '80s when we were doomed by global *cooling* and there was "Only enough oil reserves for ten more years," and it's a bigger load of tripe now. The fact is we should be exploring alternative energy sources for the right reasons. Not because some thinktank that gets government grants says "We're doomed, all doomed. We must save the planet or we're all doomed". When all the while just one volcano eruption blows more pollutants into the air than all of mankind has since the discovery of producing fire. Including the newly discovered *toxic pollutant*, Carbon Dioxide.

What are the right reasons? Because; 1, it is cleaner. 2, more abundant. 3, cheaper. 4, our birthright, to go beyond burning something for energy. But, not at the expense of our liberties and free market.

Again, not because it is for the benefit of some knucklehead, ex vice president on track to make gobs of money on it, Al Gore. But of course, he'd never read this, he's too busy "Saving the planet" and inventing Internets. Those, it appears do not require a triple digit IQ to implement.

Not only that, as a poet, he sucks worse than as a vice president, which I didn't think was possible.

/end of line
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »

hi

When us citizens are paying for cap and trade,
poor countries will continue to burn kerosene
that contains high sulfur levels for free.

73 james
WI5O

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »

Clayton,

I'm not certain Gore is 'just' an idiot but I am convinced he is that plus an evil Bozo.  His global warming hoax is supposed to create a 'crisis'.  During times of crises, the government is supposed to step in and protect us lemmings.  

That's how Bozos like Gore harm our country.  He should be thrown in jail.  What did Hillary Clinton say?  "Never let a crisis go to waste."

-WI5O

---
RE: Hell Freezes Over  Reply  
by W4KVW on December 5, 2009  
AL "IDIOT" GORE says that GLOBAL WARMING causes RECORD COLD as well.What a BOZO!

CLAYTON
W4KVW
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »

It's so cold...

How cold is it?

It's so cold, the pawn shops took down their signs.

N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »

Well for one thing it never reached 99 degrees in St louis Missouri this last summer,first ever...It is the coldest October ever,and today it only hit 11 degrees...Al Gore is a idiot.73s de JW
WI5O

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »

I can't recollect when Gore eve really explained anything.  Especially the part about why American tax payers had to foot the huge bill for all those crooked politicians and their families to attend this lying convention in "Hopenhagen."

---
RE: Hell Freezes Over  Reply  
by WA4BCS on December 4, 2009  Mail this to a friend!  
I'm sure Al Gore and all those people in
copenhagen next week can explain that!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: