Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Router Problem  (Read 478 times)
COMPCRAZYFROG

Ignore
« on: January 27, 2005, 04:33:16 AM »

Hi I can't launch a pool game I bought at http://www.terragame.com/pool/index_1_sort2.html
My home computers connected through broadband ethernet router and seems my computer has one IP and router has another and game cannot find another computer.
I'm sure many people might encounter such a problem, please someone help or point me to some online resources:)

Natali
PATMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 05:41:17 PM »

Hey not sure if someone has replied to this yet, but what you are seeing is normal, the Router is doing what is call Nat translation, or natting an IP address.  Your router has the "real world" IP from your ISP and hands a private one to your computer, normally through a service called DHCP.. If I had to guess the address your computer is getting from the router is norm 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x is the most popular addresses to hand out.  More then likely this is not your problem, as this is the right way to do internet access through a router.  I would guess from not knowing the software that either you have the port that the game uses blocked in the firewall part of the router, or you have not typed in the default server IP for this pool game?  Does this game go to some gaming place to find other players such as Mplayer ect?  Give me some details of what errors you are getting and I should be able to help you out.

Patrick..
ps System Administrator
(in real life)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: