Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: late,late, QSL cards  (Read 498 times)
G7AIR

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:05:43 AM »

And I really do mean late !
Have just received from the UK, RSGB, QSL Bureau an SAE
envelope of mine containing four QSL cards to one of my club calls, G3EUG. Two from German stations dated March 1990 and January 1994, one other from a Portugese station dated September 1998, and a fourth from a Scottish station for July 2002.  My SAE envelope from the Bureau containing these four cards was posted last Thursday, 4th February.  
Almost beyond belief that the RSGB have been holding these cards for so long although I have been told that others have been receiving cards for very dated QSOs and that when the RSGB moved to a new HQ a lot of boxes of QSL cards were discovered "tucked away". Ye Gods!!!. Ted.
K4JC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

I still receive QSLs through the bureau for contacts made many years ago. In fact, I received a bureau mailing last week with a card from a CX station for a contact in 2001. There are probably any number of reasons why they come in late, but I still get a strange thrill when I get a card for a QSO "back in the 20th Century"!
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

Heh, I finally unearthed an old log book I had from the early 90's that have lots of dxcc entities I don't have confirmed. I decided to try to contact some of them and see if I can still get cards! To my amazement, there are some I have been able to contact and make the exchange..

Ugh, one of the QSO's I never confirmed - Nepal, 9N1MM. There were scores of others that are long gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: