Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batch Callbook and GoList lookup  (Read 572 times)
KD8BIZ

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2005, 06:29:22 PM »

Gurus,

I am using WriteLog for RTTY contesting and in a short time I have accumulated a fair amount of QSO's.  At this point I have exported them all into XMLog, but I am not locked into this.

I am dismayed at the possibility of having to select each of 600 QSO's in XMLOG, hit CTRL-L to look up in the Callbook, then possibly manually look it up in GoList if needed, then either click button to Copy to QSO, or manually cut and paste into the address field from GoList.

What I want is software that will do all this in batch mode - I want something that will at least look up every QSO in the Callbook and fill in all the fields (so I can see how far I am on WAS, for instance) - and possibly identify all the QSO's that it didn't find in the Callbook so I can handle them manually.  

In a perfect world, the software would also check GoList and then lookup the Manager address in the Callbook and plug all this in for me.

I also would like software that will separately track LOTW confirmed vs QSL card confirmed, because LOTW is only good for DXCC.  I looked at DX4WIN, but it seems to make me choose that "confirmed" means either LOTW or cards - I think LOTW and QSL card should be separate fields, each of which could be empty/submitted/confirmed.

Is there any logging software out there that will do all this??   I mean do all this in batch mode - not hit a bunch of keystrokes for each QSO?

Thanks for any ideas.

KD8BIZ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 09:28:51 AM »

DXKeeper can update multiple QSOs en-masse from the RAC, Buckmaster, or QRZ callbook CDROMs, or from the QRZ.com web site. At present, it cannot perform such updates from the GO list.

DXKeeper independently tracks each QSO's confirmation via card, LotW, and eQSL.cc. By default, only card and LotW confirmations are counted towards DXCC status, and LotW confirmations are not counted towards any other award. You can optionally count LotW confirmations towards VUCC, WAS, WAC, and the new CQ Grid awards; you also have the option of counting eQSL.cc confirmations towards these awards.

DXKeeper is free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab .

Dave, AA6YQ
KD8BIZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »

Dave,

I have discovered DXKeeper, and I agree, it seems to meet most of my needs.   I have DL'ed and checked out a few other loggers, but nothing seems as close to meeting all my needs as DXKeeper, so I have switched to it.  I also prefer it's layout - it makes sense to me.  I'll still use WriteLog for contesting, but DXKeeper seems my best option for tracking my awards and QSLing.

Now if I could just figure out how to do a SQL filter that would show me all the records that the ADDRESS field is less than 3 lines.  ;-)

Thanks for the reply

Dennis KD8BIZ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:16:16 PM »

I know of no way for an SQL query to count newline characters in a field. The best you can do is identify all QSOs whose Address field is null or empty.

You could open your database file with Excel, and use an Excel macro to do this. Be sure to make a log backup first!

Dave, AA6YQ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: