Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is listening now  (Read 428 times)
KI4PCB

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:44:54 PM »

Hi all.  Relatively new to ham radio (JUL05) so if something like this already exists or has been done before without much success let me know.  I thought that it may be helpful if there was a place you could go and find people that were looking to make a contact without tuning the whole band.

I set up a couple of web pages where you can input your information (Call, City, State, Frequency�) and it would be listed on another page for other hams to view.

www.panhandlesoftwaresolutions.com/database/hamindex2.html

73s
KI4PCB
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:21:05 AM »

Sounds sorta neat - I checked the page and no one was listed - since I'm at work, not much point in listing myself at this time...

Ken H>
KI4PCB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:37:55 PM »

Getting a couple of hits a day but no one listing themselves.  I understand it is a chicken and egg sort of thing.  No one listing themselves because no one else is listed....  But I thought that if the word got out and people started using it then it could be useful.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:43:43 AM »

Assuming that we are talking about the HF bands, you'd have a FAR better chance of finding someone by tuning the bands or calling CQ.  Due to the nature of propagation on the HF bands, everyone can't hear everyone else at any point in time.  You hear those stations to which the band is open from your QTH and you usually don't hear those stations in between.  It would be better to learn the times of day when the band(s) is open to the part of the country or world that you want to talk to.  Selecting the right band is as important as the right time.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: