Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK audio streaming  (Read 1678 times)
G7AQK

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:42:40 AM »

I have recently set up an audio stream running from my shack which is linked to my radio tuned to the 20m PSK frequency. I think that this is an easy way for other amateurs to experience what it is like to operate in another part of the world and also have the facility to monitor their own transmissions.There is a 20 second delay between live and streamed audio, so this provides the opportunity to make a short test call and then see how it is received at the streaming site. This type of operation is particularly suited to modes that operate on spot frequencies (ie: PSK, SSTV, ROS etc) and is easy to set up using equipment that most hams will already have in the shack using free software.

You will need to loop the sound card output back to its input in order to decode the audio stream using any popular PSK program. Some sound cards can do this through their settings but others may need a suitably attenuated link between the headphone and microphone socket on the sound card (or a mic placed close to the speaker).

To hear my stream and for more information visit http://sites.google.com/site/g7aqkhamradio/

Neil
G7AQK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: