The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe  (Read 924 times)
KI7LFD

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »

Can anyone provide some feed back on HRD ?   I understand that there has been a change in management.  How is the new leadership team and product quality ?

Regards,
Rich (KI7LFD)
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:26:49 PM »

They have blog/newsletter. https://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/blog/

It's pretty encouraging really. They have a team making headway on the backlog of fixes and new development.

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
W2BLC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:52:08 PM »

I have been using HRD since the old free/donation days. There were some dry times, but I pay for it now and do feel I get my money's worth. I use it for rig control most of the time (several hours a day).

When I have a query/complaint, I can go to the group or just send an email. I get quick responses.

Note, I only use HRD for rig control - I do not use any other features, as they do not meet my needs. My needs are very simple - just rig control by mouse chasing.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »

Can anyone provide some feed back on HRD ?   I understand that there has been a change in management.  How is the new leadership team and product quality ?

Regards,
Rich (KI7LFD)

Yeah. I stopped using it after Simon sold. The new version had bugs, so I waited. Then about a year after version 6 was released, a friend of mine gifted me an uninstalled CD that he won at a hamfest. I was unable to install it. When I called them, they said that serials were not transferable since it was registered when the software was won by my friend. Also, being it was over a year old, it would not be eligible for tech support. I tossed it in the garbage, unused and uninstalled.

I then purchased AC LOG by N3FJP. I never looked back. His support is outstanding.   
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:02 AM »

If you don't need satellite mumbo-jumbo or CAT control buy AC Log (N3FJP). It's only $25 and works like a charm and, yes, as reported Scott is perfection with support! Def. 5 star program and support...if you need it. Has all the bells and whistles you need too...and Scott has many other contact-specific type programs you can look into. You can buy a full license for everything he has...or will have...for about $60 now I think. Do the trial download...you'll see.
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »

Scott's software is top notch as is he.

If you need more functionality than his software offers, there is also "log4om" on the logging front.

If you need other things such as CAT control, there is the DXLab Suite of products which is free and very well thought out and thorough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: