Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaParts  (Read 34679 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »

hi,

it is all about customer service, period.

Always give a call and speak to the salesperson who
took your order or one of the managers on duty.

Be nice, it don't hurt to ask about returning an unopened item
even if there are policies in place.  There are people who are
empowered to solve your problem.

73 james
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »

steve K4YZ

i never have any problem either it's either i order online or with kb4jhu

Jackie
N4MJG

Just wanted to let everyone know that GigaParts is an outstanding place to do business with.  I ordered a Yaesu FT450 from them and it was bad out of the box.  They have a seven day return policy and they gave me full credit on trade in on a FT897.  They were very nice and professional on the phone and in their e-mails.  If you need to buy something, there prices are very good so give them a try.  Not affiliated with them, I'm just a very SATISFIED customer.

Thankfully, I live less then 30 minutes from them.  (They're in Alabama...I'm in Tennessee)

I've ordered numerous items from them and never waited any longer than it too UPS to get it to my doorstep.  I've never had a service issue or returns issue with them. 

Also, GigaParts will ship free for orders over $200.00.

Plus the Sweepstakes program is a lot of fun!

Steve, K4YZ

W6PJJ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »

When dealing with somewhat technical items in the PSK31 hardware arena... Caveat Emptor. The Gigaparts salesperson I spoke to on the phone did not know his product... and recommended a particular cable between the SignaLink and my FT-847. Things just did not sound correct so...I checked with Tigertronics and they informed me that it was the wrong cable. I have purchased from Gigaparts a number of times and have always been vert satisfied but, sometimes sales people do not have the technical skills to sell some pieces of equipment, its always best to check with the Manufacture if your in doubt.

73's

Don W6PJJ
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »

"sometimes sales people do not have the technical skills"

That's true of just about every supplier in every arena. You go into a car parts place and some of the sales people are inexperienced and barely know what a windshield wiper is. Others have years of experience doing mechanic work. Unless you are willing to pay a lot more for the parts, the store owner can't afford to hire all certified mechanics to sell parts.

I went into a Home Depot and the gal working the service desk couldn't recognize a snow blower. After I showed her what it was in the book, I did get a good discount however  Grin
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »

Not knowing a snow blower isn't a crime. I wouldn't know one if it bit me. On the funny side though I went into a pawn shop over here in East Texas and they had this motorized conglomeration. I had to ask. It was a brand new partially assembled Sears Snow Blower, big thing. Now just what in the heck is it doing down here in a pawn shop.

Clif
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 12:29:32 PM »

A few years back, I ordered about $6,000.00 in gear from gigaParts. Everything arrived quickly and I was satisfied. Last month, my wife ordered me a new mobile rig for my birthday. When she gave it to me, I had already purchased a new dual band radio. I had no use for the radios. Giga Parts gives you a seven day return policy. HOWEVER this is 7 days after they stick a shipping label on your order, not 7 days after you receive it.  Their policy states:

"Radio products have a 7-day warranty against manufacturing defects through GigaParts from the date that we ship your order."

Notice it doesn't say 7 BUSINESS days? Your order may not even arrive in 7 days, or as in my case, I'm stuck with an unopened $600.00 dual band radios that i could not return and have no use for. Yes it was 9 days after they stuck a shipping label on it.

I will not use GigaParts again due to this unreasonable policy. R & L (and almost all others) give you 30 days from the time you receive your radio.

Shame on Giga Parts for losing a good customer for not accepting an unopened radio two days after it arrived.

Hi Tim!

I appreciate the feedback you have given and in this case, it prompted me to review my policies. I've updated both the warranty and the return policy in the hope that this situation won't occur again. I'd like to have your business back and if there's anything I can do to get it, please let me know.

You can view the new policies here: http://www.gigaparts.com/radiowarranty.php

- Returns can now be made within 30 days from the day the customer receives the item
- DOA warranty for Radio's has been extended to 10 days from the date the customer receives the radio
- Advance Replacement/Cross Shipment is available

George Howard, NW4G
Division Manager
www.gigaparts.com / nw4g@gigaparts.com

AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »

Now that's customer service!!!  Roll Eyes
AA2HA

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 12:50:36 AM »

Hi George!

Thank you for the reply and for being a stand-up guy and revising your policy. This policy revision is a terrific gesture and shows that Gigaparts is committed to customer satisfaction and service! As a direct result, I consider myself a happy return customer to Gigaparts and look forward to dealing with you again in the future. As a direct result of this change, I'll be placing an order tomorrow. It's refreshing to see that some companies do indeed care about their customers!

Tim (AA2HA)
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »

I had dealings with George when I ordered an item that was no longer available. He went the extra mile to try to find the item. Unfortunately, he was not able to find one. I was given a credit and got upgraded shipping on the other item I had purchased.

Gigaparts is a class act and I will give them my future business!!  Thanks, George! Cheesy

NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »

Thank you so much for your continued business and your feedback. I try really hard to satisfy every customer and your feedback is critically important to me, its how improve my business.
MARK19642001

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »

Placed an order for in stock merchandise. Paid for shipping. Invoice stated it would ship in two 2-6 business days. Then, they changed the invoice to reflect back order. 13 days later, no merchandise, wasted "expedited shipping" charges, not even an email to tell me the item was placed on backorder. Great prices, however. They just over promised & under delivered on my order. Hopefully, I'm an isolated incident. The other reviews were pretty much positive.
KJ4DXZ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »

Happy customer. I've placed two different orders online with GigaParts within the last month and both have shipped quickly and correct.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: