Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu Programming Software  (Read 755 times)
N8EUI

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2002, 04:06:15 PM »

Except for the programming software produced by Yaesu, what other companies design and sell programming software for their rigs, particularly the FT-1500, '7100 and the VX-150? I've found a company called RT Systems. Their prices are reasonable, however they do not carry software for the FT-7100. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tom, N8EUI
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 12:34:30 AM »

ADMS2G works with this radio. Any place that sells the other Yaesu/RT Systems software should be able to get it.
Found it with Google in about 2 minutes.
Jim
N5MJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 04:34:18 PM »

Sure... ADMS-2G is *supposed* to work with this radio... the version I bought (dated 10/28/2001) is wrought with bugs, has a lousy user interface, and absolutely refuses to establish a connection with the radio.  I've managed to get it to work once, and can't repeat the process.

Is there some kind of secret handshake to get the radio and the software to sync reliably?  Following the instructions results in nothing but a comm error and alarm bleeps coming from the radio.  Of course, the software documentation is nonexistent and I notice as of May 2003 that this ill-begotten excuse for programming software isn't even listed on the Yaesu web site (they couldn't or wouldn't own up to it, I guess)...
YEPSURE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »

Using ANYTHING other than what RT Systems puts out. I wouldn't buy their bug-filled software if it was the only thing out there, and I mean that quite literally.

So far all three types of software I've purchased for different radio's has had real issues from the get-go. Zero customer service too so don't expect any help from the people who actually developed and wrote that crap.

Yaesu has made a serious error in their continuance to contract RT Systems as their amateur software provider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: