Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIF-232C and FT-900 problem  (Read 628 times)
VK4ARI

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »

Hello All

I have just aquired a still boxed FIF-232C for use with my FT-900 but seem to have struck an issue.

I have tried multiple CAT software packages including HRD and several Comms cables and the problem occurs with all.

Symptoms as follows

Any instruction to the rig to change frequency or mode or go into TX mode etc is performed faultlessly and is indicated on the software display briefly but then the radio seems to return randomly changing frequency and command information to the software.

The freq readout on the control software seems to scroll randomly from one wild frequency to the next and other mode and switch indicators display and change and turn off randomly also. The rig itself stays on the last set frequency and mode and operates normally however.

I do know that there are a couple of pull up resistors in these units that need to be cut under certain situations but do not really have enough information to be sure whether I need to follow this route.

Any insight or help would be very welcome

Regards
Ari

VK4ARI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: