Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callsign lookup  (Read 2318 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 12:08:59 AM »

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/WebClient/

Enter a US callsign and click the CBA button to search the FCC database. Click the QRZ button to immediately compare. You can also check Buckmaster with a single click.

Dave, AA6YQ
WK0F

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »

Kevin, K6REA...

I installed the software and received the following message:
System Error &H800700E(-2147024770).  The specified module could not be found.
Any ideas? I am running Windows 2000 SP4.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »

try downloading and installing the following file/program.

kevin

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:53 AM »

actually, you should probably download this one instead.
it is for vb sp6, which is what i am using.

kevin

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7b9ba261-7a9c-43e7-9117-f673077ffb3c&DisplayLang=en

WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:36:06 PM »

It's not necassary to "download" the entire FCC database every day unless (like you say)you are without Internet access for part of that day, and still want to do look-ups.
    That said, the FCC is the most accurate and up-to-date, ALL others get their information FROM the FCC database.

Now, if you get an "old" listing at the FCC site, it just COULD be the fault of your browser!
    If your browser is using a "cached" version of the FCC database web page(a trick used by many of the infamous "speed up your dial-up connection" advertisements) it may be reading the version of the FCC database stored on your harddrive from who knows how long ago.  Sure, it loads a page faster, but it's NOT always the current page you are looking at.

That said, QRZ is one of the best "other" databases.  The reason is (despite the fact that some calls apparently get deleted by the power that be)it also lists many foreign calls, which the FCC obviously does NOT list.
    SO if you are looking up a U.S. Amateur, go to the FCC database for the most recent information.

But also bear in mind, while the FCC database is almost always correct, it MAY NOT be 100% accurate.  Until the VE's and VEC's file their exam results with the FCC (they are given ten days each, for a total of 20 days, plus postal delivery time, if the VEC files paper instead of electronically) the CSCE that fellow or gal earned over the weekend won't be reflected in even the FCC database.  So be CAREFUL when you look up a "Tech" and tell them they are operating illegally on HF.  Don't  accuse anyone unless you have proof; but asking them about the upgrade would be the prudent approach, if you are so AR inclined.
KD8CDG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »

Finally found one that takes the cake so far...
"The CARC Project" was written by Steve Low, KB9QFT, thank you very much Steve!

It has (almost) everything I have been looking for minus a daily update feature. Otherwise it is simply the best next to the ULS webpage.
You can get "The CARC Project" here:
http://www.qsl.net/carc/carcproj.html
For free!

Basic search for a call sign which returns name, address, operator class, effective, grant, expiration, last update dates and the status of the operator. Also the approximate distance and bearing if you enter your own zip.

Custom search includes the ability to use wildcards and search for the licensee(s) via name (first or last), city, state, class, county, zip code, or dates.

Say you want operators that are in your own county. Do a search for your county, state and they will all be displayed in a savable text file.

All I can say is WOW; Steve did a wonderful job on this software.
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 03:28:05 PM »

I almost hate to ask since I have an idea of what will certainly follow, but here goes.
What is wrong with using the ARRL callsign search? Is there something about that I don't know about? Does a callsign search HAVE to reveal a callsign issued in the last hour or day? It seems to do well enough to provide me with the name, etc of the ones I search for.
Frank
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: