Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-950 Transmit Toggling in HRD?  (Read 921 times)
WB5JEO

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »

I'm having one issue with HRD(4) controlling the FT-950. From HRD, I can toggle transmit ON with the TX button, but clicking it again does not unkey - remains key-down. Not a big issue for me, since the computer is at the radio position, and I use a foot switch, and hitting and releasing the foot switch or mic PTT switches the radio back to receive, but it's the only thing not working as expected. Prior to using HRD, digital software properly keyed and unkeyed the radio through the CAT connector.

Anyone encountered this in HRD with the 950?
G0RIF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:58:58 AM »

Yes...but for the life of me I don't remember if or how I fixed it. Not using HRD anymore but will fire it up tonight to see if I can reproduce it again.

Regards,
Dean
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

Just seems like an unlikely thing to not work. No critical, but if you think of it, I'd like to patch it.
VK6NDT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:16:08 PM »

Did you have any luck with that PTT button? I have noticed that my v4 does it as well.i too use a foot switch but would be nice to have the option to tx with the click of the button, and also be able to stop it as well lol. i was originally using v5 with also has the antenna selection button which the v4 doesnt but for the life of me i couldnt get the DX cluster working on it so i went back to v4.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:53:17 AM »

I have the FT-950 with HRD 5. I haven't tried keying from the computer. I can try it an let you know.

Just curious, but my first experience with HRD was 5. I know it's a beta, but I have to admit that it is better than some fully released version of commercial software. It is pretty damn nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: