Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G4FON problems with version 9  (Read 424 times)
N4DBC

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:22:14 PM »

Before sending suggestions for me to send an email to G4FON, please note that I've already done so. I also posted this in the CW section of eHam because I figure that not everyone always reads both sections.

Also, before posting "better ways" for me to learn code, I've already progressed much farther in what I'm doing now than I ever have, so please stick to the point of my problem with the G4FON software.

I wanted to post this here just in case someone has already seen (and corrected) the problems that I'm having.

Instead of writing my issues all over again, I am pasting the message that was sent to G4FON. Thanks in advance!
===================================================
Sir,

Since I have started using version 9, it loses my setup preferences (settings) every time I finish the program.

On the version 8, it kept my settings, but after a while it started having problems where I would press START, and nothing would happen. So I uninstalled v8, loaded version 9, and it works but I have to set it up every time I use it.

I'm really getting discouraged because I'm taking a Morse class that I drive over 30 miles (>48 kilometers) every Monday evening after work to attend. I was counting on using this software in-between classes, but I'm having so many problems with the software that I'm not able to sufficiently practice during the week.

I don't follow the default setup, I run the character number up to 40, then uncheck the characters that I haven't learned to recognize yet. I can recognize letters a - v when each character is given slowly, but it is really hard to practice with any speed now that the software is not working correctly. Between work & family I don't have a lot of time to troubleshoot the software.

My computer is a 2 Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM, Windows 2000 Professional. I have Zone Alarm firewall, AVG anti-virus, and use AdAware & Spyware blaster at least once a week. I did recently run Tweaknow Registry cleaner, so perhaps there is something wrong there? However, I have had no other issues since checking the registry with it.

I'm about to give up on using the software, unless you can help me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave Cox - N4DBC
Bluefield, VA USA grid em-97

PS- Something that I forgot to add in my email to G4FON. I noticed that if I start the program without changing to my preferred setting, then press STOP, make my preference settings, then try to START again, the program will not send any code unless I uninstall then reinstall the program. That may have also been the problem that I had with version 8 in the first place
. Also, I have loaded Microsoft's new Defender software recently to try it out.
N4DBC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

If you are interested in this subject, please look for it in the CW forum at eHam. 73 N4DBC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: