Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: using the computer for audio  (Read 453 times)
KDUV7462

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »

I still find it hard to believe someone hasnt made a program yet that lets you use youre computer for audio and audio "tailoring"

I'm not talking chicken band "noise toys" here, but i occasionally  use my voice for something, and know from audio mixing experience i have to drop my pitch several semitones or so. A pinch of 'verb, just a pinch mind you, really rounds it out.

I have a little bit of a nasally, annoying voice, LMAO

for someone who does audio programming in windows, it would really be a simple task, i think. I just want to talk in the computer, hear my voice on the speakers, and grab a few active-x audio goodies to play with till i get it "sounding" right.

heck, the compression could be done right there at the same time.

this seems so natural to me, i just cant believe its not already done yet. I mean, I have all this audio engineering/mixing software, but its all geared to recording THEN mixing... this should be real time, and the bit-quality of the effects need not be high for just real time voice.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:27 PM »

If I am listening to a person, I want them to sound like they actually do sound (i.e. I want them to be their real selves).  I don't want their voices processed to achieve some "ideal" sound.  If you've got the New England nasal twang, don't process it out.  If your voice is rough for whatever reason, don't process it out.  It is part of what makes you distinct from all others.
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »

I agree!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: