Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P2P remote operating  (Read 494 times)
KC9FOA

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:02 AM »

I would like to set up peer to peer remote operating on 2 laptops with a wifi connection.  Unfortunatly I am using winxp home which does not have remote desktop and the free/shareware stuff I tried so far leaves a lot to be desired.  Other considerationd are no-tune antenna or auto tuner so I can band switch.  I operate mostly digital and am a 10-10er but do rtty and hell on various bands. Interested in all opinions especially from those who have done this.
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:48:43 PM »

For digital modes try the free version of logmein.com.  You can remotely control your desktop via the internet browser. It works thru firewalls and you don't need a static IP or Domain Server.  You can't get sound however.  I have used it for PSK operation and it works.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »

Skype can provide the audio, complementing LogMeIn. I've used these together for remote digital modes, as well as remote SSB and keyboard-generated CW.

Skype is free for PC-to-PC connections.

Dave, AA6YQ
KC9FOA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 05:48:39 AM »

SRY folks.  I forgot to mention I am using a vintage dialup with no access to broadband.  LogMeIn and other broadband programs are not an option.  I did get a copy of pcAnywhere but have not got it working yet, it does connect but I can't log in for some reason.  Once all that is solved I need to figure out how to make the station completely operable from the remote.  73 Ken
KAISERSOUSE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:03:26 AM »

have you tried TightVNC for your remote connecting?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: