Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft 897D and CAT Software  (Read 1318 times)
KG8JF

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:42:19 PM »

Has anyone out there had any experience with the FT-897D and CAT software?  Specifically has any one ever used TRX-Manager with the FT-897D?
WB5ITT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »

I have a FT857D (same rig inside) and only CAT software I have used with it is by RT Systems...works great for programming, etc.
KA9CQL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »

One of the best (IMHO) and FREE CAT software packages out there is Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) by Simon Brown, HB9DRV.  The list of radios that you can use it to control is truly massive, and the features it offers are incredible.  You can get the software from Simon's website - http://hrd.ham-radio.ch

I tried many trial/shareware CAT control programs, and even resorted to writing my own Java-based CAT control program to control my FT857-D.  Despite all of this, I still run my rig with HRD.  It's an incredible program!

I even recommended this program to my Yaesu dealer - he hadn't heard of it!  I understand that they are now going to give out a copy of HRD with each Yaesu they sell.  How's that for an endorsement!?

'73

- Mike
  KA9CQL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: