Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making cb radio operators  (Read 5068 times)
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »

I heard that DARPA forced CB makers to install GPS devices in all CB radios, that constantly transmit location and digital files of any sound, even if the unit is turned off.

They provide that information to the CIA when the CIA needs targets to practice efficient capture, killing, and untraceable body disposal.  In essence, they take the cream of the crop, miscreant's miscreants.

NASA pass on files to a civilization living on the Dark Side of The Moon.  At night, the Moonies capture cream of the crop CBers traveling on lonely rural roads and those riding 4 wheelers in the desert.  the CBers are used as test subjects to see if living on the Dark Side of The Moon can cure anti-social behavior and brain death.  In essence, will the insanity caused by living in isolation in constant darkness cure the insanity of CBers?

AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »

I was right with you until you implied that the far side of the moon is in constant darkness.
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »

I heard that DARPA forced CB makers to install GPS devices in all CB radios, that constantly transmit location and digital files of any sound, even if the unit is turned off.

I convinced one of our bench techs that LED lights also work as miniature cameras and that "we" could look anywhere there was an LED and see what is going on remotely. This was a fairly sharp tech (with an associates degree) and I was surprised when I visited his home and saw black electrical tape pieces covering every LED in his house.

I looked at him menacingly and said "it does not matter, we have enough recorded of what you do at home when you are alone".

--------------
I think that Chuck is just trying to stir the pot.

Tisha Hayes, AA4HA

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »

Cb radios  ham radios and wrestling what else is there.....  This is true that they are thinking about the fee structure so cb radios.
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »

I convinced one of our bench techs that LED lights also work as miniature cameras

They actually do, provided you count one photodiode as a 1 pixel camera

:-)

http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/sensors/Reoprts/LEDAsPhotodiode

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:43:20 PM by Dan » Logged

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »

KC8KTN
"This is true that they are thinking about the fee structure so cb radios."

If it's true then you should have no problem
citing your source, a specific reliable reference.

Citing your source means showing where others can look it up
in writing for themselves, such as a footnote in a book does.

But you can't cite your source because it's a rumor.
Been one for years.

And "I heard two guys talking about it on 20m and they said
it was true, and one worked for the FCC" etc, etc, is not a source.
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »

Morbid curiosity compelled me to read your post, thinking this one couldn’t possibly be any sillier and more ridiculous than the ones you’ve posted in the past.

I was wrong.

Hang in here Chuckie.  Whatever it takes to keep you off the ham bands.

Phil C. sr.
k4dpk
KF4VTI

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »

I always have to read these anti-CB'er threads, I rarely reply but usually get a good laugh out of some of the posts.
This time I figure I'll add my nickles worth of jibberish into the mix.

I hear they are thinking about making cb radio operators get a yearly licensee to raise sinking  revenues.I think this would be great..
I think what would be great is if there was a mandatory IQ limit PLUS an actual technical ability test before you are allowed to even take any amateur test.

... CB radio needs to move to some type of SelectCall system so you can ignore 99% of the trash.
Now I would pay good money for that  Grin

The only thing they could ever possibly do with CB is to reallocate the Band back to Hams, stop all CB radio manufactoring then wait about 15 years till no CB operators are left on the Band. 
Almost sounds like a good idea except for the fact that there are many CB'ers that have better amateur gear than a lot of the hams, not to mention the fact that if ALL CB production stopped and you waited 30 years.... the CB'ers would still be right where they are now. Like the old saying goes 'when CBs are outlawed, only outlaws will have CBs'.  Cheesy

W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »

So far, the only person to refute the facts was Wayne Green-he could prove man never went to the moon.
Bob
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »

Morbid curiosity compelled me to read your post, thinking this one couldn’t possibly be any sillier and more ridiculous than the ones you’ve posted in the past.

I was wrong.

I disagree, Phil.
The post where he asked where he could find
the computer program that would tell him the
phonetics for his callsign was far more ridiculous.

Trisha's right, he's "stirring the pot".

At this point he's not posting questions, he's trolling again..

He said he had HRD and Signalink "All hooked up and ready to go".
What happened?
Why did he drop those subjects and suddenly start posting
CB Fees and 10m repeater offset?

Check out this site for insightful answers:
http://www.flayme.com/troll/
Start with: Why do trolls do it?
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 03:25:47 AM »

you (we) were all cb'rs at one time

I wasn't.

Been a radio amateur since October 1967. Never had a cber.

----

AA4HA has it exactly right. What happens on the cb channels is the cb folks' business - as long as they stay on their channels.

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »

Considering this person's history on eHam, why does ANYONE respond to his trolling posts?

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »

Well.

I had FUN.

I have FUN with junk phone calls also.

Where is Wayne Green when you need him the most?

Bob
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »

I see the OP missed the target date by a mere 22 days.

Better late than never, I suppose.  Roll Eyes
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Yeah right, good luck with that.  One of the reasons why the license requirement was dropped in the first place was because most people during the C.B. craze of the mid 70's didn't even bother to pay the fee to actually get a license for a C.B. station.  I was born in 1974, so I can sort of remeber the glory years of C.B. radio.  Most people just decided to take their chances with no license.  The FCC finally just said the hell with it and dropped the license requirement in 1980.  I would suspect that 90 percent of the people that go to Wal-Mart and purchase a GMRS  radio also aren't going to bother with paying $75 dollars for a license.  I feel that this is going to be the next problem that the FCC is going to have to deal with, but who knows.  How are you really go to go about enforcing a license requirement for GMRS handhelds?  Have you ever even heard of anyone using a callsign on a GMRS handheld?  Where did you get this information about C.B. by the way?  Is this a joke?

KU4UV
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: