Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: autopatch software  (Read 1633 times)
TOASTY

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2005, 01:23:50 PM »

does anyone know of any software that works as an autopatch with a modem?  preferably for unix but windows would work too i suppose
KG6ZHJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »

I too am looking for autopatch software. Although it looks as though I'm going to have to roll my own.
N4ZOU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:39:20 AM »

What your wanting to do is to turn your computer into a repeater with a forward and reverse auto patch. It's really easy to do with the software at this link.
 http://www.synergenics.com/sc/
You might also look at some VMB (Voice Mail Box) software used with voice and data modems used with dialup telephone lines. You can tell if there voice capable as there will be audio in and out jacks along with the line connector. These are for connection to a sound card and you can place a "Y" connector and a sound card interface so you can connect your transceiver up to the computer turned VMB controller. This would allow you to dial out and make phone calls and access a very suffocated VMB controller for voice mail. Some of the software has voice recognition so you could control it simply by talking to the VMB machine via your transceiver.  
TOASTY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 11:38:34 AM »

im not understanding why i would want to use EchoStation with my repeater...  all i want is some autopatch software to connect my kenwood tkr-750 to a phone line...  EchoStation is meant for controlling 2 radios, turning them into a repeater.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:14:03 PM »

I seriously doubt that you will find autopatch software alone.  Anything of this nature that I have seen is part of a repeater controller package.

Dennis KG4RUL
VE9DKS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 06:03:01 PM »

Did a search on this and brought up this thread...  

I am also looking for autopatch software, I am aware of echostation but it will not run at the same time as echolink.. I have a echolink node here at my QTH and we would like to have a autopatch.

I cant write software but should be able to get the modem to talk with the mic/speaker and recognize DTMF, would this be hard software to create?
'

73 thanks for now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: