Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ......the OIL SPILL..........  (Read 3343 times)
VE3PLO

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »

It is shame what happened to that oil rig, how do you think this should be resolved and who should be held responsible for the spill? i dont think the cleanup will matter.....
Our kidneys will filter that out anyway.
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:40 AM »

We will see how it affects my activation of NA-213. See my call on QRZ for information. We will be going anyway to support the economy!

73 de Lindy
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »

Since it was BP's oil rig, they are ultimately the ones responsible for the accident and the cleanup.  Exxon tool the heat in 1989 with the Valdez spill, so why should it be any different for BP? 
KU4UV
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:19 AM »

And this has exactly what? to do with Ham Radio?..... Huh.....

Vince P
KA3NRX

W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »

Since it was BP's oil rig, they are ultimately the ones responsible for the accident and the cleanup.  Exxon tool the heat in 1989 with the Valdez spill, so why should it be any different for BP? 
KU4UV

Not true if you believe the press coverage.  BP was leasing the rig from another company.  Legal exposure there might be divided up if someone could prove the rig to be faulty.

Either way, fodder for another site.  Not this one.

Terry, WØFM
VE3PLO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:24:17 AM »

KU4UV, KA3NRX:

NOTHING!!! That's why it is here! Smiley)) ---->"Misc  -  Questions or comments that do not fit in other Forums! ""

Coming back to the topic, don't you think off-shore drilling should be banned? especially in international waters? In case there is an another spill like that in the future?

400km North of Newfoundland and Labrador Chevron started drilling in the middle of the ocean yesterday. How to deal with an accident in a place like this if it ever happens?
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:01 AM »

KU4UV, KA3NRX:

NOTHING!!! That's why it is here! )) ---->"Misc  -  Questions or comments that do not fit in other Forums! ""

VE3NEAR (is that even a ligit call sign?.... Huh....).  I think you misinterperet what Misc is about. I personally don't it means Misc topics that are outside the real of ham radio, as this is a ham radio site. Would someone from this site please interject and clarify? If you desire to make a post bashing oil or oil companies (or posts in favor of them), you should probably go to another website that fits such topics..... Wink Roll Eyes......
VE3PLO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »

"VE3NEAR (is that even a ligit call sign?.... ....)" .... ligit??? maybe legit if anything?

no it is not a call sign, not at all, it is a login to this fine site.

and nobody is bashing anything, or anyone, i think you completely misinterpreted my first post, let me rewrite one more time what i wrote initially.

"It is shame what happened to that oil rig, how do you think this should be resolved and who should be held responsible for the spill?"

As for the site, and the MISC section. .... How is this for something that has anything to do with Ham Radio, our fine hobby?

1. Topic: Name of basic electronics show in the 70's 
2. Topic: Humorous Video Game Name  (Read 63 times)
3. Topic: Book: "The Alaska Incident"  (Read 10 times)

How is that for off topic(ham radio related) posts....?
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 04:41:24 AM »

As for the site, and the MISC section. .... How is this for something that has anything to do with Ham Radio, our fine hobby?

REPLY: Agreed. And they should probably not be on this site, as they have nothing to do with miscellaneous ham radio subjects. If Eham wants non-ham radio topics posted, then they should probably create a special forum for that.  This is why I asked for clarification on exactly what their definition of "MISC" means. Pretty soon, the MISC Forum will be swamped with posts on Barbie Dolls, how to grow your garden, what Obama is having for breakfast, and the Super Bowl. Not sure what those subjects have to do with ham radio either.

Huh Roll Eyes
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 07:12:11 AM »

Google 3C5J for the ham radio implications of offshore drilling.

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
N6PJB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »

What did Obama have for breakfast? A thinking America needs to know if he uses double-ply or single-ply.
W4WUL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »

"VE3NEAR (is that even a ligit call sign?.... ....)" .... ligit??? maybe legit if anything?

no it is not a call sign, not at all, it is a login to this fine site.

and nobody is bashing anything, or anyone, i think you completely misinterpreted my first post, let me rewrite one more time what i wrote initially.

"It is shame what happened to that oil rig, how do you think this should be resolved and who should be held responsible for the spill?"

How is that for off topic(ham radio related) posts....?

Hi fellas:  As for your topic #3 there on the book "The Alaska Incident" not having anything to do with ham radio...right..except for one thing. I am W4WUL and I authored the book!  How about buying it and reading it to keep me off the streets. My wife begs you! Hi !  It is a fast read and a somewhat humorous and a mystery rolled into one.  I had begun a second one until 9-11 put a stop to it.  It was pretty much about what happened on that date and I did not have the stomach to finish it.  73  WTBird
K6LHA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »

Hi fellas:  As for your topic #3 there on the book "The Alaska Incident" not having anything to do with ham radio...right..except for one thing. I am W4WUL and I authored the book!  How about buying it and reading it to keep me off the streets. My wife begs you! Hi !  It is a fast read and a somewhat humorous and a mystery rolled into one.  I had begun a second one until 9-11 put a stop to it.  It was pretty much about what happened on that date and I did not have the stomach to finish it.  73  WTBird
Good on you for getting between covers!

I searched in Forums and your 18 December 2000 post mentions a website that no longer exists.  Checking with Amazon, they have two (paperbacks) left at $11.95 and just two customer reviews.  I didn't find any mention of your book in Analog's monthly reviews...which covers a large territory. 

73, Len K6LHA
W4WUL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »

Good on you for getting between covers!

I searched in Forums and your 18 December 2000 post mentions a website that no longer exists.  Checking with Amazon, they have two (paperbacks) left at $11.95 and just two customer reviews.  I didn't find any mention of your book in Analog's monthly reviews...which covers a large territory. 

73, Len K6LHA

WinkLen: Yahoo/Geocities unceremoniously removed my website sometime ago without any notification to me.  I am about too old now to do another one but am trying to work on it.  I was contacted by iUniverse...my publisher to make it into an e-book and I paid them to do so. I was given about a two week expectation to get this done.  I have waited over two months and still no e-book version.  I have asked for a refund but nothing there either. I guess I will have to get nasty. That is all the fun I get in my old age.  The book was fun...and at the rate of sales it should hit the best seller list about the year 3024 AD!!!!  You can get copies at Amazon and other online sites.   You might also find a few short reviews at   http://www.allreaders.com/topics/Info_2154.asp . Some sci-fi publications did some back when I wrote it. Not sure they are still available.  73  TBird
VE3PLO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »

Cmon people, say something!!!?
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: